Aristocrat Arcadian 65

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
dmonthey

Aristocrat Arcadian 65

Post by dmonthey »

I recently purchased an Aristocrat Carousel one arm bandit. I live in Texas so I don't have a lot of reference material available for this particular kind. I stumbled across this website and am hoping to get some help.

My question is the payout is definitely off. The machine pays 2 or more on almost every pull. And the reels seem to be off; it doesn't pay when the symbols line up. Is there a way someone can help me get this resolved? And I need to find replacement reel tape, is this available anywhere?

I've seen videos on Mills machines that say each payout is controlled in order of least to greatest moving toward the center of the payout disk. But the Carousel shows it has 27 different payouts. Anyone that could help, I could sure use it.
treefrog

Re: Aristocrat Arcadian 65

Post by treefrog »

Hello and welcome. The Aristocrats work the same as most Mills machines with the same basic components. There could be a number of reasons for the problems you have, for example are the slides moving correctly back to their position after each pull and locking? Also, are the springs intact at the back that hold the horizontal fingers? Are the vertical fingers working correctly into the payout discs? Some pictures may help as well.... Things like old grease could cause issues like stuck slides.

In terms of reel strips, tough getting these as no real suppliers do Aristocrats, although Henry Powell in the U.K. may be able to help.
dmonthey

Post by dmonthey »

Thank you so much for replying. I'm slowly getting braver and braver with taking it apart and removing old grease. Everything seems to her moving correctly and smoothly. I'm trying to learn by trail and error on what each piece does. I'm hoping to completely disassemble it one day and scrub it clean.

This is my first slot so I'm completely new. I've YouTube it and realized the mills seemed to work the same as mine. But the mills was slightly different on the payout holes. When I bought it, the mechanism was free but it didn't work. I've gotten it spinning now so I'm better off than I was.

The pay disks all seem to reset when the handle is pulled. I'm attaching a few photos, if you see anything out of place or broken please let me know.
Attachments
20180811_120229.jpg
20180811_120156.jpg
dmonthey

Post by dmonthey »

Additional photos
Attachments
20180811_120213.jpg
dmonthey

Post by dmonthey »

UPDATE
I discovered the cause of it always paying out 2. The bottom flat bar that stops the pay disks had a very weak spring and when the machine cycled it would kick the arm over and allow it to pay. 1 new spring later and problem resolved.

I have an email out to Mr. Powell about the reel strips. I'm thinking if nothing else I'll scan what I've got and clean them up with the computer then just print them at an office store.
malcymal

Post by malcymal »

Powells replacement reel strips are very good quality. Ive bought from them; importantly with the finishes they wipe clean as you get odd splatters of grease etc. One thing it might be worth asking when ordering the strips is ask for the 'BAR' symbol to actually be the earlier aristocrat bar symbol as they look more authentic. Picture attached. Out of curiosity, what coin are you running it on? 1c 10c? Be nice to see a picture of your cabinet and belly glass artwork too.
Attachments
IMG_0900.JPG