How to take Sega Buckingham off FREE play?

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
pennywise

How to take Sega Buckingham off FREE play?

Post by pennywise »

Hi guys, all new to me so first post is, Sega "The Buckingham". It's fully mechanical but on FREE play. Does anyone know how to put it back onto coin play. I have the identical Sega Buccaneer but cannot work it out because the Buccaneer is electro-mechanical although there is all the same wiring in both machines even though it's not needed in one. Any help on this would be great as I'm still learning about these great machines.
treefrog

Re: How to take Sega Buckingham off FREE play?

Post by treefrog »

Hello and welcome. Could be a number of reasons for free play, but to help if you share some pictures of the mechanism to the top and bottom right from the front it may help !THUMBS!
pennywise

Post by pennywise »

Ok thanks treefrog will take coin tube and coin mech out and take pics so you can see behind as I'm pretty sure the coin mech isn't owt to do with FREE play. :D
radiochrissie

Post by radiochrissie »

Free play is almost always caused by the operating solenoid or its associated trip lever being jammed open or in need of adjustment. It is part of the mech assembly and mounted on the r/h/side.
malcymal

Post by malcymal »

I seem to remember on my Sega Windsor, one solenoid was open due to a worn spring; there was a connection between the end of the game cycle solenoid and the spring. As it was worn, it wasnt informing the gubbins that the game was over hence continually played for free. New spring and some servisol switch cleaner on all solenoids sorted it out a treat. I think there were three in all, one for coin in, one for end of play and another for a token payout option to kick the token slide.
pennywise

Post by pennywise »

Sorry just come back from holiday and trying to upload pics of the mech but dont know how please help im thick🤣🤣🤣
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

pennywise

Post by pennywise »

Thanks Bp hopefully these pics will help in getting this thing off FREE play but then I think it is on the old 5p coin mech so will have to try and find either 1p or 2p coin mech.
Attachments
20180828_161554a.jpg
20180828_161515a.jpg
20180828_161532a.jpg
20180828_161522a.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

It looks to me as if the electric gubbins has been removed. As well as the coin tube.

I can see the marks on the end A Frame where the solenoid that acts on the Dog & Anvil sat.

Currently there's nothing to disengage them from acting on each other when you pull the handle. I may be wrong but I think it's a lost cause.

BP :NBG:
pennywise

Post by pennywise »

Oh well have to stay on FREE play, I did wonder as I have another Sega Windsor that is fully working with all the electrics and switches just another thing less to go wrong I suppose :HaHa:
Attachments
20180725_155949a.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Put a coin tube in it, and you'll be able to play it apart from putting in a coin.

Just out of interest if you already have one in perfect working order, didn't you compare the two mechs to see what was missing off the free play one? Just asking not judging.

BP :!?!:
pennywise

Post by pennywise »

I've got the coin tube already with it and to be honest I thought this was an earlier model without electrics but all present in the body just off the mech. I could get the switches and solenoids. I think it will be one of those jobs I will get to as I'm just starting with these but got 4 already. Very addictive.😁