Sega Windsor Buccaneer payout slides

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
pennywise

Sega Windsor Buccaneer payout slides

Post by pennywise »

Hi guys,
Again got a problem - just started with the payout slides. All of a sudden they seem to be getting stuck and either no payout or if they stick pays out 2 or 3 every pull. Was working great so had sliders out and cleaned and put new springs on but problem still there. The bottom slider doesn't seem to be pushing far enough as the lock doesn't engage behind them. Am I missing something????? Sorry the machine is a Sega Buccaneer if that helps.
Attachments
VideoCapture_20180831-133315.jpg
treefrog

Re: Payout slide problem

Post by treefrog »

This can be timing related for the slide lock to engage, search for this in the site. Of course could be something else.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

If you're not familiar with the timing process Click Here
You'll need to read from that post onward. Understand that you need to follow the instructions exactly otherwise you'll be back on here asking how to unjam the mechanism!
It's The Dog & Anvil (outlined in the photo) bit you need to understand and adjust, has anyone already fiddled with that bit previously?

BP :didact:
pennywise

Post by pennywise »

Thanks for the heads up will take a look at that but no one has touched the adjustment nut and it did payout when I got it a few weeks ago. It just seems to be the bottom slider that isn't pushing far enough for the lock to go behind the sliders. Could the screw adjustment fix this problem as I'm very nervous about even messing with it as it does play fine and I don'tont want to jam the mech up? !PUZZLED!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Moving the anvil out 1 mm at a time will push the slides further forward. What screw adjustment are you referring to? Can you post a picture?
BP
pennywise

Post by pennywise »

Sorry BP the anvil screw is what I was on about. I don't know all the proper names yet, I'm from Yorkshire.🤣🤣🤣👍
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

That's fine I understood, don't worry about the terminology. We're all making it up as we go along anyway. ;-)

If you've taken it down to the point of clearing out all of the coins, you've degreased and cleaned the slides. You've identified the slide lock isn't always coming in behind and holding the slides in place, then it's suggesting that either the slides aren't pushed far enough forward to lock. Hence Dog & Anvil.
Or perhaps the horizontal slides aren't returning out of the way and fouling things up?

Check the linkages from the clock that first drop the reel stops and then unlock the slides (of course as you pull the handle it does the opposite) there may be too much play/wear so it's not pushing the lock across far enough.

If none of that works can you video it?

BP :cool:
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

Here I hhave more or less a problem like that with the Las Vegas, Sega clone machine. Don’t have the time yet to look at it. The slides also are stuck and the machine seems not to finish its cycle. If I push the horizontal fingers the slides go back. Try this weekend to clean up a little bit and adjust the anvil.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

As was mentioned it may be something other than timing as if you adjust the dog too much this can affect other things like how quickly the reel locking levers engage.

Also, as mentioned, ensure no old grease on all associated components, clock timing bar and locking levers, clean lightly oil and ensure springs are correct tension and in place on each part.

Also ensure the anti cheat bar is freely moving underneath with correct spring.

I have had an occasion even when doing everything, I had to file down the locking lever end to engage, but it was a last resort.
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

Thanks treefrog, indeed the safety lock was also stuck. And the cycle is very short, the first reel stops very quickly. Will let know when have some time to do it.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Don't adjust the dog/anvil until you have checked everything else. It's the last resort. If you think you have a problem with a mechanism not finishing its cycle, you can confirm it by counting the clunks at the end. There should be 5.
The first Three are the reel stops, the fourth is the vertical fingers releasing and the fifth is the release coming off the slides. From that you can work out which action it's failing at.

BP
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

Mechanism is running fine now over here after adjusting the anvil. The cycle was too slow and the vertical fingers didn’t get pushed back completely and the slides didn’t get released. I moved the anvil about 1 to 1.5 mm and that did the job. !THUMBS!
pennywise

Post by pennywise »

Hi again BP, sliders decreased and tried dog and anvil but just seems to be the same sometimes the sliders push forward and the lock engages and when this happens and the sliders return that's what pays the coins out every time. Or when the sliders DON'T move fully forward the lock cannot engage behind them if that make any sense. I've tried to post a short video but wouldn't let me so don't know if it's supported for videos. !PUZZLED!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Put your video on YouTube and post the link here.

You could have two issues going on. The Slide lock isn't always coming across behind the slide and possibly the horizontal fingers aren't either.
As they are within breathing space of each other you might have common buggeration going on in the name of dried grease. Also check the springs at the back of the mech which lever the horizontal figures back into place. Sometimes Horizontal Fingers can get bent and interfere with each others smooth action

When you pull the handle you should see the slide bundle move forward in unison, it's at that point that the Vertical Fingers reset allowing the Horizontal Fingers to move across behind the slides, also the slide lock (operated by the clock) moves across from the other side.
All of this happens before the reels spin. So if you get that far and that hasn't happened then Gosh a Rooty you've gone and damn well found your problem(s).
It's only half nine at night so get to it right now and I'll expect to see a comprehensive report on my desk by 8.30 tomorrow morning.

dutchboy wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:57 pm Mechanism is running fine now over here after adjusting the anvil. The cycle was too slow and the vertical fingers didn’t get pushed back completely and the slides didn’t get released. I moved the anvil about 1 to 1.5 mm and that did the job. !THUMBS!
Well how excellently done you! It really is the last resort to adjust the Dog & Anvil but it does have to be spot on. Until you fully understand how two apparently isolated parts hanging on the side can really fine tune so many unrelated actions it's natural to be sceptical that a bunch of old age delinquents from Stupid Town Glamorganshire seriously know what they're waffling about. I'm glad it worked for you this time, but don't ever do it again dutchboy! Who knows you might start a war or something.

BP :tarah:
pennywise

Post by pennywise »

Thanks BP just read the post about the chunks and I get the first three then the fourth and fifth sound very close together so should I be looking at the vertical fingers? From what I can see they do seem to lock back when you pull the handle, it's a bit of a pain because it's electro-mechanical so hard to see in the carcass, would love to solve this problem as I'm getting right into these machines and if anyone could give me a rough price on what I might get for my four machines as I don't see a lot for sale that is all finished many thanks.
Attachments
20180828_160843a.jpg
20180811_160146a.jpg
20180828_191952a.jpg
20180828_191904a.jpg
20180828_192039a.jpg
20180828_192049a.jpg
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

I hope you play darts very well, such a shame when you hit the bandits. I could post a picture of the wall from my little son full with holes, but won’t.... :D
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

dutchboy wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:02 pm I hope you play darts very well, such a shame when you hit the bandits. I could post a picture of the wall from my little son full with holes, but won’t.... :D
Your son is full of holes? Wow!
BP
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

pennywise wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:58 pm Thanks BP just read the post about the chunks and I get the first three then the fourth and fifth sound very close together so should I be looking at the vertical fingers? From what I can see they do seem to lock back when you pull the handle, it's a bit of a pain because it's electro-mechanical so hard to see in the carcass, would love to solve this problem as I'm getting right into these machines and if anyone could give me a rough price on what I might get for my four machines as I don't see a lot for sale that is all finished many thanks.
If the vertical fingers didn't lock back then nothing would spin.
Fourth and fifth clunk being close together isn't a problem, so long as they haven't swapped places, unlikely though.
It was the horizontal fingers I suggested you need to check as well as the slide bundle release.
pennywise

Post by pennywise »

Here is a video of the sliders pushing forward or not going fully back. Also a picture of the old springs that has been taken off and the new springs but had to stretch them slightly so does anyone know what is the correct size springs to go onto the sliders, it actually measures 100mm from centre hole on back of slider when fully back in place to where the spring mounts on, there is some on eBay that size for a Buckley mech but look the same would anyone know if they would fit or do I need smaller for more tension.... !PUZZLED!
Attachments
20180905_162526.jpg
20180905_162703.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Clearly the slides aren't being pushed far enough forward to allow the stop to get in behind.
Also the cycle seems very quick.
So we now need to see a video of the dog & anvil in action.
Unfortunately you'll have to operate the mech outside of the case. Drape a thickish kitchen towel over the lever stub and use the heel of your hand to set the machine off.
You might need to lock the camera off if there's nobody handy to film what's happening.

BP !THUMBS!