Sega Windsor Buccaneer payout slides

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
radiochrissie

Re: Payout slide problem

Post by radiochrissie »

It’s got the wrong slides fitted, that’s why the top 2 slide levers don’t drop into place. The slides top cover has been modified with numerous washers to make it fit.
radiochrissie

Post by radiochrissie »

It looks like it’s only got 4 payout slides instead of 6. !PUZZLED!
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I counted 6 slides, I assume 2 coins per slide as they looked the same. The slides are not going back far enough. The rod that is attached to the rear main assembly arm is not going forward enough, this can be affected by how far the anvil is positioned as when brought to the left or inwards you will get more travel. I can hear also the machine release fairly quickly from the dog. Show a picture of the right side of mechanism.

Also get proper screw for the top cover, rather than washers and Philips screws, all available online. The springs you have bought look a little too tight and should be much looser with a gradual travel. Most slide springs will fit, but the ones you are talking about on eBay are over priced.
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

It seems to be the problem I had, only the cycle was a lot shorter. When I adjusted the anvil the slides were pushed a little further.
radiochrissie

Post by radiochrissie »

I still think the problem lies with the slides.Look at the large gap between the top slide and the back of the first slide,the slides have been replaced and are not the same thickness as the original.thats why you see the top 2 slide levers sitting ABOVE the top slide. Yes, the slides are not pushed forward all the way, but I think that could be caused by the stack of slides jamming.
radiochrissie

Post by radiochrissie »

The rod that pushes the slides forward is spring loaded in case of a jam, it has to be to prevent damage to the mech, it would be interesting to see how far the rod comes forward when the slides are removed. I may of course be wrong, hope what I am saying helps.
malcymal

Post by malcymal »

Washer spacing on the slide cover and underneath too can make a massive difference to my Aristocrat. The four posts (screws), check washers on them, (its already been suggested check them and screws too as those washers are a cobble). If mine arent spaced correctly at bottom and at top the retaining cover on the stack becomes too tight making slides stick, (you can feel resistance when you pull the arm of the bandit and that indicates you are going to do damage) or the slides can rise up at front slightly which can cause coin jam or payout incorrect amount. If too tight it wont pay out above 4 coins, if too loose a couple of coins can come out without a win on pull, when correct it pays out the 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10 fine. Maybe as a test, slacken off the four top screws a bit to see whether this impacts on the slide travel.
pennywise

Post by pennywise »

radiochrissie wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:19 pm It’s got the wrong slides fitted, that’s why the top 2 slide levers don’t drop into place. The slides top cover has been modified with numerous washers to make it fit.
I think the washers are there because the screws are too long so bit of a bodge job by last owner, will either fit new screws or cut these one down..
pennywise

Post by pennywise »

malcymal wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:28 am Washer spacing on the slide cover and underneath too can make a massive difference to my Aristocrat. The four posts (screws), check washers on them, (its already been suggested check them and screws too as those washers are a cobble). If mine arent spaced correctly at bottom and at top the retaining cover on the stack becomes too tight making slides stick, (you can feel resistance when you pull the arm of the bandit and that indicates you are going to do damage) or the slides can rise up at front slightly which can cause coin jam or payout incorrect amount. If too tight it wont pay out above 4 coins, if too loose a couple of coins can come out without a win on pull, when correct it pays out the 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10 fine. Maybe as a test, slacken off the four top screws a bit to see whether this impacts on the slide travel.
When I tighten the slide cover on top of the slides the slides do stick so just finger tight at the mo and sometimes the slides do come all the way forward and the lock does engage behind them. That's what I don't understand - doesn't happen all the time.....
pennywise

Post by pennywise »

This is the dog 'n anvil in action. I had to use a finger just to set it up as I don't want to strip the electrics out. I have noticed that the top horizontal finger IS higher than the top slide so guess this is wrong so could someone point me in the right direction into getting the correct 1p slides for this machine there are 5 slides in my mech and all are the same thickness. Once I locate and fit these slides and springs if I can find them will see what happens with the cycle and take it from there I think. !PUZZLED!
brigham

Post by brigham »

If it's still The Buccaneer we're talking about, then new penny slides are not correct in the first place.
I would be investigating the half-baked decimal conversion first, otherwise you might end up with a working machine that doesn't match the payout card.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I understand the concern with the conversion as has been mentioned, two of the horizontal fingers are higher than the slides. Assuming there are 6 of them, then this may have been done by an amateur and the wrong setup for the slides and wrong slides for the machine. Also most decimal conversions would change the awards from the 12 coin to 10......maybe a mishmash
pennywise

Post by pennywise »

brigham wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:37 pm If it's still The Buccaneer we're talking about, then new penny slides are not correct in the first place.
I would be investigating the half-baked decimal conversion first, otherwise you might end up with a working machine that doesn't match the payout card.
It would have been the old penny originally. Still has the 1d sign on it but would have been changed to 1p for the sea front arcades I guess. Like I said before, it did pay out as usual when I first got it. Don't know about the jackpot at 12 coins though but I think it would pay 10 with the slides that are in it now with 2 coins per slide. Even if I could get it back to paying 10 out I would be happy with that. At least my boy thinks he's winning loads of money. The first thing I need to change is the correct size springs to see what happens with the slides. They might make the slides push all the way forward then mess with the dog n anvil but still not sure what size springs to go for: 100mm long thin or 90mm long thin. Then trying to find them is another matter. :-( HELP!!!!!!
P.s there are 5 slides, that's how I came to 10 coins.
pennywise

Post by pennywise »

treefrog wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:45 pm I understand the concern with the conversion as has been mentioned, two of the horizontal fingers are higher than the slides. Assuming there are 6 of them, then this may have been done by an amateur and the wrong setup for the slides and wrong slides for the machine. Also most decimal conversions would change the awards from the 12 coin to 10......maybe a mishmash
Hi treefrog.
Just thinking pal about the thickness of the slides because, if I really tighten the top slide plate, you get a bit of resistance on the slides. So if they are not the correct slides and I put the thicker slides in for the correct payout I guess the top plate is wrong as the slides would be higher than the 4 bolt holes that you screw the plate to to hold the slides down, so I would have to replace that as well??????
pennywise

Post by pennywise »

I have noticed they are 6 horizontal fingers for the slides so does that mean I need 6 slides and if so could I add one on top of the 5 I have already got if I get spaces to raise the top part to hold the slides in place..? Just a thought. !PUZZLED!