My Jubilee, update

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
malcymal

My Jubilee, update

Post by malcymal »

Hi all. I am the newb poster who picked up their first bandit on ebay for £150.00. Thanks for all your advice on getting my jubilee going. I have now had the locks repaired using the original locks. Following the advice of badpenny, an old school locksmith fitted keys to the Yale Locks, and fixed the main case barrel which had snapped, drilled it out and reseated it all, looks perfect and works a treat. So two locks sorted, with keys, keeping originality for £17.00 bargain. The pump now works returning the handle (thanks BP), the reel strips are clean and the casing once dull metal has started to shine. Ive still got a while to go with cleaning it up, the award card I may get rescanned and have a new one made, placing the new award card in front of the old so not to diminish it anymore (dont want it to fade away).

Ive done a short video of the machine in action, hopefully you can get to it. Do the reels sound okay to you, timings?

Image Image

VIDEO LINK HERE !!!
http://www.cyborg7.com/jubilee/jubilee.wmv
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: My Jubilee, update

Post by badpenny »

Yup, that looks good and sounds nice and crisp, with the relevant clunks and clicks in the right place.

Very impressed you knew when the oranges were lining up and to do a close up in advance!
You've taken the best of the jubilee's IMHO and made a nice job of it. :cool:
malcymal

Re: My Jubilee, update

Post by malcymal »

Thanks BP, glad it sounds okay. The 3 oranges, yep, i worked out the probablity, checked my horoscope and it suggested at the time it was 4 to 1 odds for pulling off 3 oranges. :D