Can anyone make complete vendors for sweet allwins?

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
brigham

Re: Can anyone make complete vendors for sweet allwins?

Post by brigham »

WOW!
I've never seen a six-sided Whales allwin. It was only this year that I first met a four-sider; the Whales version of a 'Four Square'.
Which six does it have? Are the backflashes good?
tammy

Post by tammy »

I have found personally the very opposite over the years. I have had many Oliver Whales sweet allwins in distressed states... some even with no vendor as they have been robbed for parts. Have interchanged Fruit Gum vender to a Win a Gift even. I can only speak for what I have had and the dimensions of the Whales vendors have caused me no problems. The only bit I have had to alter is the length of the bar that pushes the slide!
About the playfield, you just put a note on that this machine now pays out whatever it does. Six-sider: Fruit Polo, Chocolate, KitKat, Crunch, Chew, Spangles.
Attachments
20181023_160806a.jpg
20181023_160811a.jpg
brigham

Post by brigham »

Ah, now I understand. The machine is still in service.
There aren't many left now. I toured the Bridlington arcades during the summer, and counted only four Allwins of any description, two of which were 'amusement only', with payout cups blanked-off.
Is it time for a special thread, listing what can be found where? It might stop something interesting going into the skip, when the last 'keyman-mechanic' finally retires.
tammy

Post by tammy »

No not in commercial use. Enjoyed when the grandkids come down and odd times at a number of fund raising charity like school events. Backflashes range from brilliant to good acceptable...still sad a lot of you are pulling the old off to replace with a paper copy. I know there is a time for this but some of them I look at on the site I wouldn't have done it. In the days of the '50s and '60s a lot of them looked just like the ones being ripped off!!! Especially the Oliver Whales ones that were often even cranky even to flip the ball.
Still everyone to their own ay!!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

brigham wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:52 am Ah, now I understand. The machine is still in service.
There aren't many left now. I toured the Bridlington arcades during the summer, and counted only four Allwins of any description, two of which were 'amusement only', with payout cups blanked-off.
Is it time for a special thread, listing what can be found where? It might stop something interesting going into the skip, when the last 'keyman-mechanic' finally retires.
Away you go then, start a new thread and kick it off with your findings and photos of Bridlington.

BP :cool: