Re: Win Easy identified

Post by livinginthepast »

Thanks for that lead Slotalot
trevh007

What is this machine

Post by trevh007 »

Topic merged - Site Admin.

Hi,
I have recently purchased an old allwin type machine. The ball is missing but must be at least an inch in diameter, probably even bigger. No picture or theme on the back board just a polished silver plate in front of the 4 wins and two lost shields. The back board is brass.
Attachments
8E03C6F8-7B07-43EC-8E5D-A21445B7325a.jpg
F18DEC2A-935C-4568-B22A-3EAFAD060A9a.jpg
treefrog

Re: What is this machine

Post by treefrog »

I wonder if it is one of these BMco. 2 inch ball machines discussed again recently.... looks like the one on right.

Is this all you have of the machine? Any mechanical parts on the back?
Welcome to the forum by the way. !!THUMBSX2!!
Attachments
large ball allwins.jpg
trevh007

Post by trevh007 »

Hi Treefrog and the rest of the forum guys. Thank you for your reply and it is indeed the one on the right in your picture. A bit rough, so I am in the process of cleaning it up. There is no ball - would anyone know the true diameter of the ball as I will have to source a new one? Also, as newbee, are there any ways to renew the lock keys on these machines? Again, thank you for your help.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

:WELCOME: to the Forum trevh007!

You'll probably just have to experiment with different sized balls of various materials until you find something suitable - a fraction smaller than the maximum size that goes through the holes, with just enough weight to reliably trip the coin return.

As for keys, a decent locksmith can cut them (see Services) or you could learn to do it yourself.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Bearing in mind all the times the ball on a standard allwin slammed against the glass when playing as a kid (usually because you tried to fire the ball before it had a chance to come to rest on a play that returned to the hammer) what kind of ball could this have used? Hollow, wooden, some sort of Bakelite I'm assuming to reduce the weight and the risk of breaking the glass. I've never seen the machine, so just asking out of interest.
livinginthepast

Post by livinginthepast »

More information here: Topic now merged above - Site Admin.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Win Easy identified

Post by pennymachines »

Until you linked to the topic, I'd forgotten you enquired about the Win Easy in 2009. Fortunately, it answers Trev's question about the ball.
trevh007

Large ball for BMco machine

Post by trevh007 »

Topic merged - Site Admin.

Hi all
Does anyone know where I could source a new large ball for my BMco restoration. It’s coming along nicely. I bought a 35mm stainless steel ball but it’s just too heavy. Does anyone have one of these who could confirm the ball size and material/weight. By the way I found a locksmith in Preston who made me keys for the two locks for a fiver each. Very friendly guy on New Hall Lane. Google him, if you’re struggling for a key. Pictures of my machine attached. Great site by the way.
Attachments
161549FB-EED4-49C0-8D5B-04C37424517a.jpg
63233A3C-C28A-421C-B0FB-5027B0B6BA8a.jpg
arrgee

Re: Large ball for BMco machine

Post by arrgee »

Great looking machine trevh, not sure about where to obtain the correct type of ball, however, I'm sure one or two members will be along to give you some ideas.
treefrog

Re: Large ball for BMco machine

Post by treefrog »

If you go back to the original thread* you posted in, ball sizes and material were mentioned there - rubber, I believe.

*Now merged above - Site Admin.