Hello all! I am new here, and recently acquired a machine that has been in the family for a while. The machine is a Sega Bell. I have found a few pics of the machine online, but nothing as far as how it operates and definitely not how to service it! There are very few markings inside the machine itself.
It has some electronics where most Mills machines have the jackpot assembly. The problem is no one knows or has seen how the machine is supposed to work as the cord was cut and removed many years ago. I talked to some local shops and even they had no idea.
I had some questions that maybe someone can help with.
1. How does the machine work?
Does the devil light up on front randomly and any symbol on the middle reel in pay line trigger it? What's the payout? The card is vague on mystery payouts, jackpots (Bar Bar Bar), and whatever the 'Devil' feature is. Should there be a jackpot assembly? Otherwise not sure how it would pay out the jackpot. So I have answered this based on the thread aristomatic linked. The feature is triggered when a jackpot is hit, the devil lights as stated, and for what seems like a set duration of time all symbols in the first reel give 10 coins. The knob potentially adjust the duration of the feature.
2. Is this transformer likely 110v? Would like to replace the cable and plug it in! Might answer some of these questions, but didn't want to risk damaging it if its expecting a higher voltage. I was able to find a post of another device from around the same time period and it was not 110v, but nothing conclusive. I could always replace the transformer, but I don't know what its outputting.
3. What do the blue wires connect to? Is it possibly an aftermarket addition? They seem out of place.
4. I have not been able to find reel strips that match
with the Devil in the middle reel, is there a source? I'm also still figuring out how to trace the reels and identify them properly. They are not correct and some of the strips are missing parts. I have determined the Devil is not even supposed to be on the middle reel, and likely all of my reels are misaligned and nowhere near correct.
What does the knob (potentiometer) on the brains do? Is it a volume adjustment, or some sort of jackpot adjustment? Likely an adjustment for the time that the jackpot feature stays on.
6. There has never been a back door/panel. It seems like some of the mechanism is possibly made to be actuated by the door being in place? This hasn't seemed to affect its operation, but just a curiosity. I am still tracing all the levers, etc.
Looking forward to talking to everyone! Thanks!