Somebody knows... Maybe you?
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Jennings Governor... Price?

Postby pennymachines » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:17 pm

It's true, the value of a Jennings Governor has depreciated considerably in real terms since I started collecting. You could buy one for £750 back in 1991 and they were around that price for years, with the occasional £1000+ made at auction. Of course, in the '90s you could also find them for £50, if you did the hunting yourself. A couple of years ago there seemed to be a glut of them on the market which must have kept prices down.

Overall I feel that vintage amusement machines sale prices are at a new high but, as others have commented, some of the early wall machines have also depreciated in real terms.

oxford allwin fan

Postby oxford allwin fan » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:14 am

Ah, I know of a similar one; the late owner's wife thinks it's worth "thousands". 6p play: all chrome: not pristine... hmmmm... I offered £1000 via a contact; no reply!!

coppinpr

Postby coppinpr » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:01 pm

You do know there will be at least two at the Coventry auction in March? Why not at least wait and see what you can get one of those for? I'm sure you will be there, the bacon butties are to die for (or is that die from !PUZZLED! ) and you have to pay a £2000 fine if you don't attend. :shock: