Jennings Galaxy

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
pennywise

Re: Jennings Galaxy

Post by pennywise »

Yes coppinpr, the reels spin and go through the 5 clunk cycle, albeit a bit slow, so it probably needs a good clean, and the coin is in front of the pin so like on free play with no movement from the escalator. Will try and take escalator off and degreasing it hopefully might do the trick, thanks. Let you know if it works. |/XX\|
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

If the machine is working but the escalator is not moving, there has to be a problem, albeit caused originally by dirt jamming the escalator. The escalator is driven by a connection to the main cycle, therefore if the machine is running and escalator is not, then the connection between the machine and escalator is faulty. Either it's slipping past (which will not be doing the machine any good), a part has been removed to allow the machine to work on free play, or a part has broken because pulling the handle while the escalator is jammed has forced the issue (unlikely).
I don't think it's easy to see from the photos we have. Can you track the escalator connection back to the machine cycle and photo all of that area so we can see if anything is missing.
pennywise

Post by pennywise »

Just an update guys,
Thanks for all the info first of all. I managed to get the first cog out without taking it all apart and degreased and cleaned, BINGO free as a bird, so will clean the other anyway. The mech seems to jam a little so will give it a good clean all over and degrease everywhere. I may be getting back to you again with this one..🤞😂😂

P.s I've come across a clip that is covering one of the payout holes in the metal reel. Is this a trick to stop it paying the jackpot? Maybe don't want to rip it out if it's supposed to be there.... !PUZZLED!
Attachments
20190203_202356a.jpg
brigham

Post by brigham »

I took FIVE of these clips (and two BUGS) off a Buckley Criss-Cross not long ago.
Each one corresponded to a pasted-on extra lemon, with a high-value payout symbol underneath.
Have a look at the symbol on the reelstrip which corresponds with the blanked-off hole; it will show evidence of tampering.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

The clip was most likely added by the converter when the machine went UK. It will make the reel strips you have on the machine payout correctly. If you do remove it, you will need to also remove the reel strip patch that corresponds to it. This is easy if the patch was added on top of the old existing reel strip, but not so easy if new reel strips were added to suit the updated payouts. If all pays out correct, best left alone. If you want me to check the reel strips, give me either the symbol order or the strip code and I'll check it (almost certainly V12-92 strips, and the patch will most likely will be a cherry two down on strip C - the furthest left strip, covering a BAR). :cool:
brigham

Post by brigham »

If the BAR is covered by a CHERRY, then the clip will be required to close the NEW hole which was drilled to pay the CHERRY.
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

I hadn't seen a Jennings Galaxy type cabinet in all steel till the current one on ebay. The few that I have worked on whether called Galaxy or MkII and regardless of whether escalators fitted or not all had the same cabinet. Maybe the all steel ones were originally made for US-only, high security sites, or some other reason? The lock for the front door is also in a different location.
Attachments
green-slot-machine-knock-out-gary-warnimont (1).jpg
9860494_fullsize.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

The coin entry appears to be on the wrong corner.

BP :cool:
oscarnl

Post by oscarnl »

I am considering buying a galaxy as shown in this post. What do you think would be the going rate for such a machine?