Re: Super Deluxe, Cresta, Victor mystery bandit

Post by hjss1996uk »

I’ll give that a try going to have a day off it
Thank you !!THUMBSX2!!
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

treefrog wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:12 pm Interesting that part I can’t quite work out what it is you are holding has Firman on it. May give a maker to these machines who did bandit conversions. !!THUMBSX2!!
Yes, interesting. I thought Tom Boland was unlikely because his trademark was fancy exterior castings and the Spinning Reels seems to have been his last hurrah.

If Bert Firman is correct, that dates them to very early sixties, before he retired from manufacturing.
brigham

Post by brigham »

The car badges are correct for that period.
hjss1996uk

Post by hjss1996uk »

Does anyone have a valuation on what it's worth?
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

brigham wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:12 am The car badges are correct for that period.
And they can't be earlier than the Aristocrat Sheerline/Arcadian/Starlite range which they imitate, but I've not seen a precise date for those. They're advertised in an edition of the Cash Box trade paper of December 1961, but when were they introduced?

hjss1996uk wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:58 pm Does anyone have a valuation on what it's worth?
This one sold for £120 at the Elephant House, 2017. Don't know if that's typical.
hjss1996uk

Post by hjss1996uk »

Interesting. Good to learn more about it - thanks for taking the time. Still struggling with timing on it, if that’s what it is. Can’t keep my hands off it. 😂
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

As it looks very much like a timing problem I was looking closer at the clock. Although the clock itself looks Mills, the clock arm assembly is, I think, not (unless it's very early Mills and a mystery to me). Question for perhaps Tom, as I know he's seen Firmans machines before: would this arm (A) and the linkage (B) be part of the Furman's conversion? If it is, it's going to effect the timing and I for one wouldnt know how it worked !PUZZLED! although I'm guessing it simply pushed the reel lock and vertical finger lock out of the way once the cycle was complete, allowing them to fall into place.
Attachments
firmans clock.jpg