Somebody knows... Maybe you?
glittering-prize67

hoots mon pics

Postby glittering-prize67 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:22 pm

Topic merged & image sizes reduced - Site Admin.

Pics if they load. Need a 5p play sign and what should be in the recess just above the reject coin return cup.
Any more pics needed, let me know.
hoots-mon-004a.jpg
hoots-mon-003.jpg
hoots-mon-002.jpg
hoots-mon-001.jpg

treefrog

Re: Aristocrat Hoots Mon bandit

Postby treefrog » Mon May 19, 2014 2:46 pm

Well after re-buying another Hoots Mon at the previous Coventry, I have only now just got around to plugging in and trying and too my surprise is works perfectly......

What has really thrown me though, was that having paid £160 for it with original Aristocrat stand and in nice condition, whereas I sold mine a year earlier for £200. Even more strange was to see my old machine in the same auction, but minus it's stand and some of the plastic frontage damaged. Even more strange this machine made £380........very odd !PUZZLED! ......still I am happy
hoots.jpg

aristomatic

Postby aristomatic » Mon May 19, 2014 7:34 pm

Great machines those Aristocrat hopper machines, when they are working. I had one and it was great fun but was warned to move it on ....so I did......

If Glittering wants a 5p badge, I am sure I could dig one out of a drawer somewhere. Let me know if you have sorted one out for yourself yet.

GP

glittering-prize67

Postby glittering-prize67 » Mon May 19, 2014 10:42 pm

Many thanks for your kind offer but I have moved it on. And I still have too many but just don't have the heart to part with them.

aristomatic

Postby aristomatic » Tue May 20, 2014 6:42 am

No problem.

Seems Hoots Mon are always moving on.

morgs

Australian Aristocrat Nevada "Quartette"

Postby morgs » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:52 am

Topic merged - Site Admin.

Hi all,
I've searched around the site and come across some very helpful information, but I'm filled with newbie questions. I'm curious if anyone has any info on this machine as I can find nothing.

This was given to me by my Dad's friend around twenty years ago and hadn't been used for about the last ten years. Though it's in pretty good condition, I decided recently it was neglected for too long and give it some maintenance.

I've got it working fine mechanically, but there's something wrong with the electrics. It runs with a hopper, but it no longer pays. It has old, very hefty wiring throughout it which I can't see anything obviously wrong. Any suggestions on where to start with troubleshooting? I've also been considering getting it completely rewired, does anyone have any resources/schematics/advice on the best way to go about this? I can post more pictures if need be.

Cheers,
Morgs
DSC02285a.jpg
DSC02280a.jpg
DSC02279a.jpg
DSC02309a.jpg
DSC02293a.jpg
DSC02325a.jpg

gameswat

Re: Australian Aristocrat Nevada "Quartette"

Postby gameswat » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:13 am

Hi, other than looking for a blown fuse, dodgy connection, dry solder joint, broken wire or non functioning micro switch - I'd suggest you find an old time slot or coin-op repairer in your area who knows these. This machine is close to 40 years old so the chances are highly likely that some of those early electronic boards have issues. The wiring doesn't need to be replaced unless it's rotting away or corroding and this isn't old enough for that yet. But some of the circuit board components may need replacing by an expert. If you search the net you may just find some wiring schematics for this model or similiar. I've never seen any myself in aust, but I'm on the west cost and these machines were never operated here, only turn up randomly as collectables. And I was told that not so long ago Aristo threw away all the old paper they'd kept themselves. I always keep away from these older machines with electronics as they tend to always be a right royal pain in the arse! But since you own this free of charge it's worth investing some time and cash to get it working again. Good luck.

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:26 am

Hi welcome to The Forum ....

I have had a little experience with these (both good and bad) .......

I've just spotted Gameswat has beaten me to it, I was only going to recommend checking all of the fuses and that the relays in the top are well seated. Gameswat has gone one further and by suggesting you find a retired engineer from those days ...... he speaks sense and should be listened to. There may be others along later who can offer some gems. Good luck!

morgs

Postby morgs » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:03 am

Thanks gents,

I'll have a scratch around and make sure everything is connected and seated properly. I'll definitely do some searching for someone who has had experience with these as my knowledge of electronics is very limited.

Gameswat, any idea of exactly what year these were manufactured?

Badpenny, may I ask about your experiences with these machines?

gameswat

Postby gameswat » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:23 am

Hi Morgs, probably dates around 1976 or '77. Models with hoppers are desirable as they can spit out hundreds of coins as opposed to the older models with a limit of 20, plus mechanical jackpot (not allowed in Aust clubs though), and anything above that hand paid by an attendant. But the hopper models I really like are the all electo-mechanical hopper versions that were fazed out just before yours were brought in.