Jubilee Mini Maxi

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
hutto

Jubilee Mini Maxi

Post by hutto »

Recently bought a Mini Maxi Jubilee. Tried running on 10 p pieces but they are too thick, consequently when it should pay 5 coins it pays 4, and so on, right up to the top payouts. Does anyone know what the correct coins should be - i.e. old large 5 n p s or old shillings?
Thanks, David
brigham

Re: Jubilee Mini Maxi

Post by brigham »

It takes what was billed as 'The Coin of the Future', 5np or 1/-.
In legal terms, it was still a sixpenny machine, because you got two pulls per coin.
I don't think it was ever available in pre-decimal form, which is a shame, as I love the style.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

It needs to be old shillings or the early large 5p coins, unless someone has fooled around with it earlier in its life.
hutto

Post by hutto »

So the old shilling and 5 np s are the same size !PUZZLED! |/XX\|
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Yes, not the small little ones of course....

I have had fun.....not - when restoring machines recently, and have had a number of dodgy conversions, funnily both 5p related.... Most recent was a machine bought from a well known fellow collector ;-) which was supposed to be the new 10p. On discovery using old shilling slides from three manufacturers of different types and mismatched posts. Half the slides had screws drilled in the backs to try and align them.... As they were mismatched, they did not sit flat and see-sawed.... The other machine, a Riviera someone tried to covert to 5np making their own slides out of lots of aluminium sheets cut to size and bonded together to make sort of slides.... worked badly.... Both needed rebuilding and using spares to revert to correct operation..... another reason I love buying machines from non enthusiasts who don’t touch machines. :HaHa:
hutto

Post by hutto »

All of the slides are original but when using modern 10 p pieces they must be sitting between two slides not allowing the correct payouts dirtdog Does anyone have a bucket load of old shillings they are willing to sell? Thanks David |/XX\|
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

If it has not been converted, then it will pay incorrectly or worse jam.....

I have thousands of old shillings, but obviously not free :lol:

Henry Powell can still convert these machines if required, but imo not worth the effort.... There are lots that come up for sale already done.
hutto

Post by hutto »

I want to run the machine on original coinage if poss ,if you have some shillings you can sell that would be great . I need 400 or 500 hundred because the jackpot takes over 250 PM me if you can help thanks Dave !!CHEERS!!
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Dave,

I am happy to help, but want to avoid being scolded for selling on the site....there are two hundred coming up at the next Coventry sale....or I can stick a load on eBay if you like, if needed sooner....

I am sure you owned a few aristocrats before that used old 5p, I know as I bought them at Coventry auction years ago.....did you not still have a supply from that time !PUZZLED!
hutto

Post by hutto »

Ah no they all worked on new 10 p pieces they seemed to work ok somehow. Carnt make the spring auction sadly my boys bought us all some tickets toGeorge Esra in Manchester on the Saturday so at the wrong end of the country !!ESCAPE!! I will contact you Tom and see what can be arranged Dave
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

You could, if you wanted to cut the cost and save money (not likely in slot collector :lol: ), fill the JP with tokens or new 10p's and buy just 250 shillings to play the machine and load the slide tube. You could do this for about £45, rather than (at ebay prices, although Tom is a softer touch :!?!: ) £75 for 500 shillings.
malcymal

Post by malcymal »

This would do you, and no, it's not my listing. They will play and pay out correctly. The amount just right too, roughly about 80 for the coin tube and the rest for play and to fill your JP. :cool:

Large old 5p bulk lot 1.85kg 322 coins £16 face value