Günter Wulff Astra - Insides

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
oldvic

Re: Günter Wulff Astra - Insides

Post by oldvic »

Hi slotsoffun!

You have shown a picture of the inside of the Astra.

At the top on the right is a solenoid which pulses at the same time as the dice dots are added up. There is a rod attached to this which is missing on my machine.

Could you provide a close-up photo of this, together with an explanation of what it does? (I wondered whether it is part of the randomising process.)

Many thanks.
oldvic

Post by oldvic »

Ah ha! I've figured it out!

Each pulse pushes down the rod which turns the toothed wheel which is part of the randomiser - once every revolution it pushes two contacts together to extend the duration of the spin of the pointer.

I'll be making the missing bit today!
kansaskidsooty

Post by kansaskidsooty »

Hi - I have one of these machines - it’s working except the score lights do not light - the other lights do. I’ve checked all the obvious stuff. The neutral to the grid is good. None of the bikes get their feed. I’ve traced everything - all looks good. The machine is in great condition - nothing broken or out of place. I’m stuck! Does anyone have a working one of these? Any ideas? Thanks!!
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I'm no great shakes with electrics, although I do have several German EM machines. I suspect you have checked the two fuses but have you checked the fuse holders? I know this has been a problem with this very model in the past, bad line connections to the fuse holders.