Wulff Primus free play help needed

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Wulff Primus free play help needed

Post by badpenny »

I agree with everyone else in that your machine hasn't the free play option fitted.
The Primus was available with that option, there is one in the next auction which also has a "TILT" mechanism and a Restart on the first reel.

However, I think I might have spotted something in your photos which I think you should investigate before you do anything else.
If you take a good squint at the following enlarged photo of your handle hub ………….

Primus handle mech.png

................ it looks as if the trigger is resting in a cut on the disc that shouldn't be there.

Primus handle mech cropped.png
Primus handle mech cropped.png (56.24 KiB) Viewed 2607 times

I suggest, while watching from the back you just pull the handle and see if the trigger bites into that small cut and activates everything.
If it does, get some course emery cloth or a mild file and smooth it out. The trigger is supposed to engage with the large cut out in the same disc further up on the curve.

BP !THUMBS!
pogjones

Post by pogjones »

I have played with the machine, the coin is holding and releasing when handle is pulled.
I still can’t work out how the handle still pulls when no coin is present.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

If you watch the part as shown in the pictures above, it should not engage when no coin is present. If it does go into the notch and engage the machine, something is not right with this part of the machine, possibly the centre plate in the handle hub assembly, as this is the part linked to the top where the coin is detected. It is what should stop the engagement happening by stopping the lever dropping into the notch. If you're able to take a video while operating the handle so we can see...
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I'm a bit puzzled.
Have you seen my photos at the top of this page?
The catch/trigger I have pointed at shouldn't be digging in where it is, which is why I said emery cloth or file it over to remove it, the trigger should be engaging in the large slot above it which it can only do when a coin is deposited.

BP :didact: