Somebody knows... Maybe you?
jschinkowitch

Rotamint doesn't work

Postby jschinkowitch » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:57 pm

Good morning,
I'm new to this and want to know if anyone can help. I just purchased a 1985 Rotamint Supermax German slot machine and it doesn't work. It's extremely difficult as its all in German and I speak/read/understand none. It turns on, all the lights go on, the displays in front are on, the coin slots are full (ya that cost 250 more then the machine) it takes 1, 2, 5, mark coins and 10 pfennigs and the coin slot accepts all the coins.
- The good - I have a converter which works fine converting the power from 220 to 110, I have plenty of marks and pfennigs, and I have some wiring diagrams for it.
- Now the problems, the guy I purchased it from cut the speaker wires (must have been too loud for him) I found one of the big round fuses taken out (I replaced it) and there are a couple extra screws laying around inside of it.
- I've already tried resetting it(red button inside on the left) and all that does is makes the front displays go off and changing the PIO-1 and PIO-2 circuits with each other.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
John Shink

JC

Re: Rotamint doesn't work

Postby JC » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:06 pm

Hello John, welcome to the forum. I'm afraid your machine might be a bit too modern for some of us on here (including me). So I for one can't help! However, I am intrigued to know why you're dropping voltage down to 110v - Europe, including Germany, has always operated at roughly the same voltage as us, give or take 10v or so.

gameswat

Postby gameswat » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:03 pm

I'm no expert on Euro things but I do know that France was using 127 volts until 1956, when they increased to 220 volts. I researched this years ago because I purchased an unusual late 1940's advertising table fan in Paris and the seller was very insistent about me not trying to plug it in due to this fact!

coppinpr

Postby coppinpr » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:20 pm

I think bp is right, this should be already on 220v if it is indeed from germany,a lot of these went to switzerland but not so many france,and if its on Dm should german and 220v, what date is the machine please

coppinpr

Postby coppinpr » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:21 pm

Ar yes i see the date now, bp is right,about 10 years past our style

JC

Postby JC » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:33 pm

I get very upset when I am confused with bp - I mean, who wouldn't?

Anyway, on my way to Coventry now - see you all Sunday

Jerry (not bp) :cool:

jschinkowitch

Postby jschinkowitch » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:54 pm

I don't suppose anyone would have any idea on where I could find help with this? I know its newer but hopefully someone knows something about these.
All help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
John