Aristocrat Clubmaster

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
john279

Re: Aristocrat Clubmaster

Post by john279 »

gameswat wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:55 pm This looks like it might be an ex Australian operated machine since it still operates with the poker reel symbols, and only guaranteed amounts for a jackpot allowed in Aust back then. The award card looks correct for this machine to me, or is it just the payout amounts aren't correct?
The award card that I have is an Aristocrat issued card from 1967 as stated in very tiny script on the bottom of the card. The payouts on both cards are the same.
I assumed that the card as pictured would be the right one?
I found Australian and UK sixpence coins in the machine. Really don't know if the machine is all Australian. 🤔
Attachments
Screenshot_20200102-195914_Galleryc.jpg
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

This is a picture from the coin mechanism when the machine is at rest
I don't think that is correct. I think the long arm should be in the up position at rest (taking the small lever with it). The pin above is definitely a spring retainer, perhaps a "belt and braces" device to make sure the lever returned to the up position, although there seems to be no suitable retainer for the spring on the lever. :!?!: My clubmaster is at the back of the room but I'll try and pull it forward to see if mine is like Special's.
john279

Post by john279 »

Thanks Coppinpr. !!THUMBSX2!!
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

I think you better sell it to me so I can put it beside his family member. :D
Attachments
7E01CB0C-B14A-4C00-8FB9-DC6E09EBE0C3a.jpg
john279

Post by john279 »

Nice Clubman Dutchboy...
I don't think I will let my Clubmaster go.
I even think of buying a sister Clubman if one pops up.
Where are you located?
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

The reason for the side view was it looked like your machine was half cocked. I can see that is not the case, but does look like the operating arm has not returned all the way up to push the coin acceptor arm up. Yes, a spring should be there which holds the acceptor arm up when the machine is operated...

A full picture from the front would help to see if it is hitting the arm stop. Yours looks like a late mechanism. Does the serial number match the side plate?

Gameswat, I think your point on poker reels has come up before. I believe all Clubmasters imported were with them to the U.K., probably from new and somewhere revamped later to fruits. Poker reels also were released on some Sheerline style models in the U.K...
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

john279 wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:54 pm The award card that I have is an Aristocrat issued card from 1967 as stated in very tiny script on the bottom of the card.

If it has come from Australia second hand then that 1967 dated card would have been used to update all operating machines in Aust., as we went decimal in 1966. I imagine the coins printed around the edge of the card are the new 5 cents pieces that replaced the old 6d? If so, they likely used a denominator button glued over the 6d coin entry casting, or a decal of some kind to show the new 5 cent operation, as they rarely ever replaced castings over here. I certainly wouldn't remove it as the card it came with is one of the nicest and most colorful I've ever seen on an Aussie slot. That yellow version is bland in comparison.
john279

Post by john279 »

treefrog wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:03 pm A full picture from the front would help to see if it is hitting the arm stop. Yours looks like a late mechanism. Does the serial number match the side plate?

I'll take some pictures from frontside tomorrow. I don't believe the numbers match. 🤔
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

Hi john I’m located in Hoofddorp near Schiphol. I think there should be a spring at the pin and there is also a bug blanking of a hole in the payout disc of reel no one? Both marked in picture.
Attachments
4A70179B-9E52-4D4A-AB90-3EBA05433B5a.jpg
john279

Post by john279 »

john279 wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:31 pm
treefrog wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:03 pm A full picture from the front would help to see if it is hitting the arm stop. Yours looks like a late mechanism. Does the serial number match the side plate?

I'll take some pictures from frontside tomorrow. I don't believe the numbers match. 🤔
Attachments
Front view
Front view
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

It might be my eyes, but where I have shown your operating arm with red arrow below, it looks like it is not going up to the stop.

944CE0CC-8623-4F7C-AA0C-A5495B18F437.jpeg
944CE0CC-8623-4F7C-AA0C-A5495B18F437.jpeg (42.72 KiB) Viewed 3749 times

If you look at my machine below, the arm comes to rest on the green stop. Does yours, or is there a gap? If so, what happens if you try and lift the operating arm up highlighted in yellow? Does it move?

93F67CB4-40AB-4D0B-A089-DFDD1546BA9a.jpg

Yes, your mechanism is from a later machine, probably either a Nevada or Sheerline type. It has a nylon bush on the operating arm lever and nylon star wheels on the reels. I guess swapped in the past.
john279

Post by john279 »

I just posted a picture from the front of the machine as requested.
I also add a picture with what's going on with the machine right now.

I added a spring between E and E, so the little lever comes up now and the coin can fall into the slot.
Actually, the coin doesn't fall into the slot; it falls on rod D-D (that rod is sticking through the coin slot hole 1cm when the machine is at rest).
When I move lever B a little bit backwards, the coin falls through into the slot.
When I move lever B a little bit more backwards, I bypass the coin mechanism, so A and A do not bind anymore and I can cock the machine and it cycles as it should.
When I move lever C a little bit up, as soon as the coin fell into the slot A and A do not bind anymore and I can cock the machine.
So, why do A and A still bind when I pull the handle?
Attachments
20200106_154945a.jpg
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

You never answer either of my questions. The issue you have is that the coin detector lever you describe should not be poking through the hole and block the coin and is pulled back when the operating lever returns to the stop I asked about
john279

Post by john279 »

I'm sorry treefrog, our answers crossed.
On one of my pictures that I took today, I can see that the arm is not all the way up.
I'll check tomorrow morning why the arm is not going all the way up.
Attachments
Screenshot_20200106-161951_Gallerya.jpg
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

This is likely to be the issue, as when it returns all the way up the coin check lever will pull back.
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

I've worked on quite a few mechs that jammed because of a loose coin falling into the works, I pretty much look for that first thing before getting too into it.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I dont believe this is the problem,but,the machine looks from the photos to be a little too clean,there seems ,from the photos at least, to be be no oil anywhere,of course you dont want any grease,and no heavy oil but a little light oil is needed on the moving parts that dont come into contact with coins. perhaps we just cant see the oil in the photos :o
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Certainly coins could be causing a problem if they are on edge on the top of the coin tube which is full, as if the coin overflow lever cannot move forward because a stack of coins are on end at the top of the tube the lever will stop the rest of it returning to its finished state. Have a look at the lever below. Is it free, as it will move forward as the main operating lever lifts up?
Attachments
EF54B911-EF95-4BD1-A3D5-EAE9DC3874Ca.jpg
john279

Post by john279 »

Guys,
I'll check those things tomorrow... I think the lever pointed by the red arrow is free. Also like to know what the function of B is (it's spring operated, no clue what it's for).
Attachments
20200106_211502.jpg
20200106_211502.jpg (66.62 KiB) Viewed 3700 times
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

This is part of the coin detector part of the mechanism. As the operating lever is operated, B moves towards the coin, if no coin is detected or a washer is used it will pass through without operating the coin lever that allows play.