Aristocrat Clubmaster

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
special when lit

Re: Aristocrat Clubmaster

Post by special when lit »

Pennywise. Would you be able to take a close up photo of the award card please? The payouts have been altered on mine, and a handmade award card made, would like to go back to original.
Thanks.
pennywise

Post by pennywise »

Let me know if you need any more pal.
Aristocrat Clubmaster award card
Attachments
20190618_124625a.jpg
special when lit

That's brilliant, thanks.
Got the payouts sorted on mine, this afternoon. Firstly, the coin slides were in the wrong order so it was paying out 7 coins, instead of 10, then the payout fingers. There are 9 fingers, 4 of which had no springs. The 3/5 finger and 10 finger were fine, but the 3 after which should be 14, 18, and twenty were all 10 coin fingers. The 4 with no springs were all 20 coin fingers!
Anyway, after some treatment with the Dremel and a file, I've got it working fine, apart from the award card.

Anybody know what the 4 spring-less fingers are for? I guess different reel strips with more payouts.
Attachments
DSCF0958a.jpg
DSCF0959a.jpg
DSCF0961a.jpg
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Funny how often machines turn up with slides wrong way round, I can only assume the less knowledgeable owner having a play....

Interesting the finger question, as you say more fingers normally refer to machines with other win or special award options, seen often on later Aristocrats.... What is odd is I had never really noticed this myself as looking at one of my Clubmasters, it is the same. The last four fingers are unsprung, but do have holes for wins not on awards. What is strange is that the top win is normally near the hub, but the Aces are the last finger working 5 in from the hub. !PUZZLED! I am going to check a few machines now as this is an odd one.

If you put springs on them all, lots of mystery jackpot wins. :cool:
special when lit

Not mine, I used 2 of the 20 coin fingers to make the 14 & 18 fingers!
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

By the way, your award not only gives usual card symbols as awards with Aces being jackpot, you also have the Aristocrat symbol as the Jackpot... This was often seen on later machines with the Crown symbol and Aristocrat word... Do you have this on you reel strips, as all the ones I have owned stop at Aces? I had assumed this symbol started being used on Sheerlines onwards. !PUZZLED!
pennywise

Post by pennywise »

Thank's Special is that the correct order of the payslides as i have only 5 working and one that was in the cash box when i got it, why it was taken out god knows.
Attachments
20190619_122506a.jpg
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Your slides look in the correct order, but need that slide put back at the top. It should be a 2 coin payout. You will probably have same issue as Special's machine where the operator chopped the Ace, Queen and King payouts so 14, 18 and 20 only pay 10. So if you also have the spare upper fingers, as discussed above, you could return your machine to full pay... Not sure how your award has been changed, maybe just stickers with 10s on....
pennywise

Post by pennywise »

Yes TF, it had a sticker with 10s on it that I peeled off, but in special's picture of the slides the spare I have looks like it goes 2nd from bottom according to the pic. That's why I asked if that was the correct order.
At least I have the info now how to get it to correct payout, so it's just where to put this slide now.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

If you read his comments you will see his were wrong.

From bottom up on yours, the first slide would be 3 coin, then 2 coin, then the big 5 coin, then 4 coin, 4 coin and on top a 2 coin.... From your picture, assuming your spare slide is the same thickness as the one second from bottom, then it should go on top of the stack as previously mentioned. Good luck.... You got those parts fitted yet?
special when lit

treefrog wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:47 pm By the way, your award not only gives usual card symbols as awards with Aces being jackpot, you also have the Aristocrat symbol as the Jackpot... This was often seen on later machines with the Crown symbol and Aristocrat word... Do you have this on you reel strips, as all the ones I have owned stop at Aces? I had assumed this symbol started being used on Sheerlines onwards. !PUZZLED!
Mine have Aristocrat over the Ace, but no Crowns anywhere.
pennywise

Post by pennywise »

treefrog wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:10 am If you read his comments you will see his were wrong.

From bottom up on yours, the first slide would be 3 coin, then 2 coin, then the big 5 coin, then 4 coin, 4 coin and on top a 2 coin.... From your picture, assuming your spare slide is the same thickness as the one second from bottom, then it should go on top of the stack as previously mentioned. Good luck.... You got those parts fitted yet?
Yeah I did read them but didn't know if it were a before or after picture. Not fitted yet tf had to finish a Buckingham first so now I hopefully will crack on with it sliders 'n all.👍
Attachments
20190620_162711a.jpg
pennywise

Post by pennywise »

Big thanks again Tf, bit of cutting and bending and fits like a glove. All doing as it should now so hopefully get the slider sorted over the weekend.
Before i took the reels out all 3 spun great but when i've put them back in the first reel now is not spinning correctly slower than the other 2. Just great one thing after another. :(
Attachments
20190621_170319a.jpg
20190621_170334a.jpg
pennywise

Post by pennywise »

special when lit wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:18 pm That's brilliant, thanks.
Got the payouts sorted on mine, this afternoon. Firstly, the coin slides were in the wrong order so it was paying out 7 coins, instead of 10, then the payout fingers. There are 9 fingers, 4 of which had no springs. The 3/5 finger and 10 finger were fine, but the 3 after which should be 14, 18, and twenty were all 10 coin fingers. The 4 with no springs were all 20 coin fingers!
Anyway, after some treatment with the Dremel and a file, I've got it working fine, apart from the award card.

Anybody know what the 4 spring-less fingers are for? I guess different reel strips with more payouts.
Hi Special,
Looking at my vertical fingers it looks like they have all the same cut out with a max payout of 10 coins. Do you know of any fixes for this or do I need a couple of new fingers so I can get it to pay more than 10 coins?
Many thanks.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

It is probably explained in an earlier part of this thread. Also depends on what they did to disable, e.g. I have known them to bolt together the top unused slides with rivets or screws, but assume to change your slides around correctly this was not the case.

If they have cut the fingers to only push the first 3 slides for 10 pay, you either have to add metal back to them, or (easier) take the spare fingers which are on the left and unsprung which should be blanks and cut the relevant slot to trigger on the relevant lower fingers. So the jackpot or ace would be no slot. Bell and plums will need slots big enough to either pass through the top one or two slides. A big file with serrated edge would do the job. I may have spares off the mechanism I took the coin arm off, but it is fairly easy to do. Little off is best, so measure and re-measure. You can always file a bit more off which is easier than adding metal...
special when lit

That's exactly what I did Treefrog. After a bit of careful measuring, I cut slots in the right place with a Dremel cutting blade, then filed out the excess metal.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Surely this cannot be coincidence, but the exact part I sent you appeared on ebay for £34.50 with postage. A bit late I suspect, and too much money with no spring or coin lever. Also, you probably could buy a complete mech for £60. Mind you they seem to have gone to the effort of rechroming - why who knows? What a waste of money. :lol:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/293134383808 ... noapp=true
Attachments
224ACB03-03AC-4436-8C4A-2EE3F9E159Ca.jpg
pennywise

Post by pennywise »

How weird is that, been looking for ages as well. Oh well, least I've got it sorted now TF. Now in the pic I've put up it shows that all my fingers have been cut the same even the spare ones (hope you can see it) - so does that mean I need different finger because I can't see how I could make this work unless I get the gap welded up and re-cut. Get one problem sorted and another one crops up.🤔🤬
Attachments
20190628_122008a.jpg
20190628_122016a.jpg
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I reckon they gave the job to the shop trainee who just got carried away and chopped all the remaining fingers...

Yes a bit difficult to add the metal back, but would require chunks of metal brazed or welded back in.

Will have a look at the mech the arm came from as I think that had fingers on it and may have the full set... Won’t be till early next week though.
pennywise

Post by pennywise »

Cheers TF, again any help would be most welcome. Once I have done this, I will know what to do in future, as I'm still learning and not done this before. Back on the back burner again for now, but I will get it bloody finished if it kills me. Sorry to be a pain, but thanks. 🤨