Aristocrat Clubmaster

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
treefrog

Re: Aristocrat Clubmaster

Post by treefrog »

It might be my eyes, but where I have shown your operating arm with red arrow below, it looks like it is not going up to the stop.

944CE0CC-8623-4F7C-AA0C-A5495B18F437.jpeg
944CE0CC-8623-4F7C-AA0C-A5495B18F437.jpeg (42.72 KiB) Viewed 3842 times

If you look at my machine below, the arm comes to rest on the green stop. Does yours, or is there a gap? If so, what happens if you try and lift the operating arm up highlighted in yellow? Does it move?

93F67CB4-40AB-4D0B-A089-DFDD1546BA9a.jpg

Yes, your mechanism is from a later machine, probably either a Nevada or Sheerline type. It has a nylon bush on the operating arm lever and nylon star wheels on the reels. I guess swapped in the past.
john279

Post by john279 »

I just posted a picture from the front of the machine as requested.
I also add a picture with what's going on with the machine right now.

I added a spring between E and E, so the little lever comes up now and the coin can fall into the slot.
Actually, the coin doesn't fall into the slot; it falls on rod D-D (that rod is sticking through the coin slot hole 1cm when the machine is at rest).
When I move lever B a little bit backwards, the coin falls through into the slot.
When I move lever B a little bit more backwards, I bypass the coin mechanism, so A and A do not bind anymore and I can cock the machine and it cycles as it should.
When I move lever C a little bit up, as soon as the coin fell into the slot A and A do not bind anymore and I can cock the machine.
So, why do A and A still bind when I pull the handle?
Attachments
20200106_154945a.jpg
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

You never answer either of my questions. The issue you have is that the coin detector lever you describe should not be poking through the hole and block the coin and is pulled back when the operating lever returns to the stop I asked about
john279

Post by john279 »

I'm sorry treefrog, our answers crossed.
On one of my pictures that I took today, I can see that the arm is not all the way up.
I'll check tomorrow morning why the arm is not going all the way up.
Attachments
Screenshot_20200106-161951_Gallerya.jpg
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

This is likely to be the issue, as when it returns all the way up the coin check lever will pull back.
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

I've worked on quite a few mechs that jammed because of a loose coin falling into the works, I pretty much look for that first thing before getting too into it.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I dont believe this is the problem,but,the machine looks from the photos to be a little too clean,there seems ,from the photos at least, to be be no oil anywhere,of course you dont want any grease,and no heavy oil but a little light oil is needed on the moving parts that dont come into contact with coins. perhaps we just cant see the oil in the photos :o
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Certainly coins could be causing a problem if they are on edge on the top of the coin tube which is full, as if the coin overflow lever cannot move forward because a stack of coins are on end at the top of the tube the lever will stop the rest of it returning to its finished state. Have a look at the lever below. Is it free, as it will move forward as the main operating lever lifts up?
Attachments
EF54B911-EF95-4BD1-A3D5-EAE9DC3874Ca.jpg
john279

Post by john279 »

Guys,
I'll check those things tomorrow... I think the lever pointed by the red arrow is free. Also like to know what the function of B is (it's spring operated, no clue what it's for).
Attachments
20200106_211502.jpg
20200106_211502.jpg (66.62 KiB) Viewed 3793 times
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

This is part of the coin detector part of the mechanism. As the operating lever is operated, B moves towards the coin, if no coin is detected or a washer is used it will pass through without operating the coin lever that allows play.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

"B" also has another function that is related to your original problem. The coin needs to stop for a second while the detector pin comes forward to check for a coin; the lever "B" holds it in place while this happens then, if a coin is detected, the lever you are having all the trouble with moves down as you pull the handle, pushing the coin onward past the spring loaded "B". In fact, that is the only job your troublesome top lever is there for.
john279

Post by john279 »

A quick view this morning showed me that the handle doesn't go all the way up (as treefrog stated ). If I use just a little bit of force I can see that the coin detector lever wants to come free.
I don't want to force it, I don't want to bend any levers or something.
I oiled the machine a bit, it was a bit dry as coppinpr stated.
Maybe a lost coin somewhere as gameswat stated?
I have to look into this tomorrow. I have a day off so I can take my time. |/XX\|
john279

Post by john279 »

Today I took the time to look into the machine.
I cleaned and oiled the machine, looked for loose coins; there where none.
I removed 2 bugs in the 1st reel (2 of the 10 positions were bugged).
Then I started to play the machine.
After a few times bypassing the coin mechanism, the machine started to work as it should. It came loose.
I played the machine for a few hours and it's working fine now.
Only thing that doesn't work is the jackpot payout. I have to look into that.
I want to thank you all for your advice and your patience.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

That's all good news. When you say two positions were "bugged", do you actually mean bugged (something that causes the reel to avoid stopping at that point) or do you mean "plugged" (blanks added to the payout discs to block a payout). If it is the latter, no problem, but make sure you also remove the reel strip overlays that correspond to the changed payouts.!THUMBS!
john279

Post by john279 »

Coppinpr, two holes of the first reel were plugged, so there were less positions left for the "10" to stop.
Now I have to search the forum why I don't get payout when the reels stop at tripple A (Jackpot ). I have realy no idea yet how the payouts work on a slotmachine, but I'm learning. :lol:
I'm glad that the machine works, I assume it was in storage for a very long time.
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

I think you miss the top 2 coin slide like my machine did. If my eyes don’t fool me you have a 2, 3, 5, 4 and 4 coin slides.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I think I see all the slides and there is no gap. It is a 3 2 5 4 4 2.
john279

Post by john279 »

Guys, how can I see if it's a 2, 3, 4 or 5? !PUZZLED!
brigham

Post by brigham »

The thickness of the slide tells the value.
If it's two coins thick, it pays 2, etc..
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Yes it is just an educated guess by looking at the depth of the slides and award plate, so not 100%.... Your award card follows this with the lowest award 3 coins (bottom slide) then 5 payout (so bottom and second slide up which is 2 coin, meaning 5 in total)... and you follow this process up to the top slide which is used for the top award of 20 coins.

It is surprising how often I see machines for sale missing slides. The Jubilee machine at yesterday’s Eastbourne sale was missing slides. Also the last Clubmaster at the Elephant House auction again missing slides, even though described as working condition...