Aristocrat Clubmaster

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
treefrog

Re: Aristocrat Clubmaster

Post by treefrog »

Nice condition machine you have there and welcome.

In terms of guides, lots of info on this site, also being a standard three reeler slot most books could be used, but perhaps you can get help asking on here with more info of the problem
john279

Post by john279 »

Treefrog, thanks for the welcome and your reply.
This is a picture from the coin mechanism when the machine is at rest.
When I put a coin in the slot, the coin hangs on the lever and when I pull the handle nothing happens, so basically it's stuck then.
I assume that the little lever has to be up so the coin can fall.
I also think that the (don't know the word for it) little rod that pushes the coin from the back (?) is sticking too far into the place where the coin should be, so the coin cannot enter.
Also wonder if there is a little spring missing?
Everything worked fine at the seller's house. After transportation the coin mechanism failed.
Thanks in advance,
John
Attachments
Screenshot_20200104-200558_Gallerya.jpg
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

You're right, the lever should return to the top when the handle is released. Can you take a picture from the right hand side to see what is happening there where the linkage parts that are actuated by the handle.
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

Hi john and welcome nice machine you have. Are you the John I talked over the phone last week about a Jennings problem you have? For sure the problem will be an easy fix. Enjoy the machine. Greetings Hans.
john279

Post by john279 »

Treefrog, see picture from right side.
Dutchboy, no... I'm not that John, I also own a Mills Hightop, no Jennings... 😊
Attachments
20200103_150557a.jpg
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Welcome to the forum John,
Yes, a spring seems to be missing. Here is a photo from earlier in the same post (I don't think that is the correct spring for the job though). Once the lever is back in the correct position, then check to see if the pin is too far forward (it might be just a result of the lever not returning). If it needs to be adjusted, it's done at the point of the arrow in photo 2.
Attachments
20190621_170334a.jpg
20190621_170334a.jpg (38.65 KiB) Viewed 3298 times
mech.jpg
mech.jpg (53.88 KiB) Viewed 3333 times
john279

Post by john279 »

Coppinpr,
When my coin mechanism failed, I searched the forum.
I saw that picture on the forum earlier, but the spring doesn't look original. That's exactly the reason that I scratched my head about a missing spring... !PUZZLED!
Unfortunately, there are not many pictures to be found from first Generation Aristocrats that show their mechanisms.
John
special when lit

Post by special when lit »

Just been & looked at mine. It has no spring on (although I think it should have), but the small lever that pulls the coin down is pushed back up by the long lever it's attached to.
Attachments
DSCF1186a.jpg
john279

Post by john279 »

Thanks for the help so far. Ill go and check those levers tomorrow.
I cleaned the slot machine's outside, just a few paint scratches. 🤗 I'm very happy with her.
Now I need the right score card (found it on the forum already), and replace the blue plastic for waffle mesh (behind the Aristocrat script).
Attachments
Cleaned the outside
Cleaned the outside
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

john279 wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:18 pm Now I need the right score card (found it on the forum already)
This looks like it might be an ex Australian operated machine since it still operates with the poker reel symbols, and only guaranteed amounts for a jackpot allowed in Aust back then. The award card looks correct for this machine to me, or is it just the payout amounts aren't correct?
john279

Post by john279 »

gameswat wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:55 pm This looks like it might be an ex Australian operated machine since it still operates with the poker reel symbols, and only guaranteed amounts for a jackpot allowed in Aust back then. The award card looks correct for this machine to me, or is it just the payout amounts aren't correct?
The award card that I have is an Aristocrat issued card from 1967 as stated in very tiny script on the bottom of the card. The payouts on both cards are the same.
I assumed that the card as pictured would be the right one?
I found Australian and UK sixpence coins in the machine. Really don't know if the machine is all Australian. 🤔
Attachments
Screenshot_20200102-195914_Galleryc.jpg
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

This is a picture from the coin mechanism when the machine is at rest
I don't think that is correct. I think the long arm should be in the up position at rest (taking the small lever with it). The pin above is definitely a spring retainer, perhaps a "belt and braces" device to make sure the lever returned to the up position, although there seems to be no suitable retainer for the spring on the lever. :!?!: My clubmaster is at the back of the room but I'll try and pull it forward to see if mine is like Special's.
john279

Post by john279 »

Thanks Coppinpr. !!THUMBSX2!!
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

I think you better sell it to me so I can put it beside his family member. :D
Attachments
7E01CB0C-B14A-4C00-8FB9-DC6E09EBE0C3a.jpg
john279

Post by john279 »

Nice Clubman Dutchboy...
I don't think I will let my Clubmaster go.
I even think of buying a sister Clubman if one pops up.
Where are you located?
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

The reason for the side view was it looked like your machine was half cocked. I can see that is not the case, but does look like the operating arm has not returned all the way up to push the coin acceptor arm up. Yes, a spring should be there which holds the acceptor arm up when the machine is operated...

A full picture from the front would help to see if it is hitting the arm stop. Yours looks like a late mechanism. Does the serial number match the side plate?

Gameswat, I think your point on poker reels has come up before. I believe all Clubmasters imported were with them to the U.K., probably from new and somewhere revamped later to fruits. Poker reels also were released on some Sheerline style models in the U.K...
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

john279 wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:54 pm The award card that I have is an Aristocrat issued card from 1967 as stated in very tiny script on the bottom of the card.

If it has come from Australia second hand then that 1967 dated card would have been used to update all operating machines in Aust., as we went decimal in 1966. I imagine the coins printed around the edge of the card are the new 5 cents pieces that replaced the old 6d? If so, they likely used a denominator button glued over the 6d coin entry casting, or a decal of some kind to show the new 5 cent operation, as they rarely ever replaced castings over here. I certainly wouldn't remove it as the card it came with is one of the nicest and most colorful I've ever seen on an Aussie slot. That yellow version is bland in comparison.
john279

Post by john279 »

treefrog wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:03 pm A full picture from the front would help to see if it is hitting the arm stop. Yours looks like a late mechanism. Does the serial number match the side plate?

I'll take some pictures from frontside tomorrow. I don't believe the numbers match. 🤔
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

Hi john I’m located in Hoofddorp near Schiphol. I think there should be a spring at the pin and there is also a bug blanking of a hole in the payout disc of reel no one? Both marked in picture.
Attachments
4A70179B-9E52-4D4A-AB90-3EBA05433B5a.jpg
john279

Post by john279 »

john279 wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:31 pm
treefrog wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:03 pm A full picture from the front would help to see if it is hitting the arm stop. Yours looks like a late mechanism. Does the serial number match the side plate?

I'll take some pictures from frontside tomorrow. I don't believe the numbers match. 🤔
Attachments
Front view
Front view