Interesting Spot

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
jpatrickhenry

Interesting Spot

Post by jpatrickhenry »

So I have gotten to this spot. Everything works fine, just the back art is very cracked and sticking out and interferes with the ball. Now that I have gotten this far I now see I have to take EVERYTHING apart to get to the back image to replace it. I might be in over my head on this. I am not sure if I should continue and potential really mess this up or try to find a professional to finish it for me.....
Attachments
IMG_2258a.jpg
IMG_2257a.jpg
IMG_2256a.jpg
IMG_2255a.jpg
57983577941__278C188F-9CB9-4C94-BEE3-CAAB17FECB4a.jpg
treefrog

Re: Interesting Spot

Post by treefrog »

I suspect it really is up to you on your keenness to have a go, as I do not believe working on Allwins is tough, the parts are simply held on with a few screws. Always sensible to take pictures lots of on the way so you know where each part would go back.

The track is held on by split pins on these I believe, easy to remove. Advice on the backflash was given last year on below thread with some images to help.....

Help with Win a Crunch

If the backflash is not flaking paint in a bad way, I would be tempted to try using heat treatment to smooth out, which I have had partial success with. Or at least keep original with machine in case someone wants to do if you sell.

Not sure you will find many people offering restoration services out where you are
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

treefrog wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:22 am

If the backflash is not flaking paint in a bad way, I would be tempted to try using heat treatment to smooth out,
The plastic here is never going to be saved! Once it cracks and oxidizes like this it's a quick downward spiral to oblivion.
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

jpatrickhenry wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:10 am So I have gotten to this spot. Everything works fine, just the back art is very cracked and sticking out and interferes with the ball. Now that I have gotten this far I now see I have to take EVERYTHING apart to get to the back image to replace it. I might be in over my head on this. I am not sure if I should continue and potential really mess this up or try to find a professional to finish it for me.....
Have you seen this?? Whales Win a Crunch flashes
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Well done Big S, I started looking for that this morning as I had a vague memory of it (all my memories are vague :#: )
Then I got distracted when The Salvation Army came around asking for needy children, but I didn't have any.

BP :cool: