Aristocrat Kingsway, Tic Tac Toe - or something else?

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
gameswat

Re: Aristocrat Kingsway, Tic Tac Toe - or something else?

Post by gameswat »

The simple way is just to forget the original locking system for now and use a single lock in the bottom hole. I've done this for customers numerous times because even though I'm in Aust I've never come across any of those parts spare. Just means either customizing or making a new latch for the lock you find that will do the job. Unless the machine is going on site then a latch at the lower section is more than enough to keep it safely shut. Maybe you'll buy a complete machine later on and then can copy the original parts easily enough?
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

The only issue with this is that if using a barrel lock, which fits the machine, they need to rotate 90 deg. to release the key.... The hole in the machine is very small as the lock will lift a lever to release the door and can rotate around to remember key. I would imagine you could rig up a similar system for just the lower slot.

Although I have many Aristocrats, I actually do not have masses of spares. Having said that I, have been breaking an Elite, which has a similar locking system, so will have a look if the same size.
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

TF, I've done quite a few and don't remember any of them being an issue, but having said that it's not a job that meant anything to me so I'm now vague about it...... :!?!: Thinking about it I must've fitted well over a thousand locks to machines so that probably makes me pretty blase to the intricacies. And a large collection of locks always helps as there are tons of interesting variations specially suited for the oddest of places and reasons.