Jamieson’s Autofruit range 1962 - 64

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
brigham

Re: Jamieson’s Autofruit range 1962 - 64

Post by brigham »

I don't have any diagrams for these machines, but, unlike the earlier 'uniselector' types, you don't need a diagram unless the original wiring has been tampered with.
The wiring on these is to a very high standard, and I'm convinced that either Arthur Jamieson or Mr. Binns had GPO experience. It would be best not to re-wire anything that hasn't been interfered-with by outsiders.
Can you post a picture of the inside of the machine? The back panel with the door open, the back of the door and the back of the door with the coin acceptor flap open?
These machines run entirely on a logical basis. There is no random element. Everything which takes place during a game cycle does so in strict order, so anything NOT happening can easily be traced simply by working logically.
Once you have the electric supply, and the main controller turning, the rest will follow.
(I avoid working late at night. You need to be clear-headed!)
special when lit

Post by special when lit »

This might be some help. With many thanks to Dickywink on here.
Jamiesons Starlet information Manual V1.1.pdf
(1.65 MiB) Downloaded 344 times

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Wow, that's useful!
Best make sure you're not standing in a bucket of water when you read it though!

BP :cool:
jamiesonautomatics

Post by jamiesonautomatics »

brigham wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:07 am I don't have any diagrams for these machines, but, unlike the earlier 'uniselector' types, you don't need a diagram unless the original wiring has been tampered with.
The wiring on these is to a very high standard, and I'm convinced that either Arthur Jamieson or Mr. Binns had GPO experience. It would be best not to re-wire anything that hasn't been interfered-with by outsiders.
Can you post a picture of the inside of the machine? The back panel with the door open, the back of the door and the back of the door with the coin acceptor flap open?
These machines run entirely on a logical basis. There is no random element. Everything which takes place during a game cycle does so in strict order, so anything NOT happening can easily be traced simply by working logically.
Once you have the electric supply, and the main controller turning, the rest will follow.
(I avoid working late at night. You need to be clear-headed!)
The machine works ok -just a bit fast & the missing motor - it goes through playing cycles - pays out etc - the rewiring I mentioned is only going to be on the brass studs on the selector - they are nearly worn out with all that clicking over the years !! My dad says he built these up when he was younger after school !!
As far as I know my grandad had no GPO experience.
!THUMBS! !THUMBS! !THUMBS!
jamiesonautomatics

Post by jamiesonautomatics »

special when lit wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:15 pm This might be some help. With many thanks to Dickywink on here.
Jamiesons Starlet information Manual V1.1.pdf
Thanks for the wiring info - definitely some similarities with my machine - should come in useful.

!!THUMBSX2!!
dickywink

Post by dickywink »

Hopefully that will help a little bit... Unfortunately the Starlet did not have a variator motor so that is not shown.

All the best ... dicky