Somebody knows... Maybe you?
drphat

Aristocrat Honey Bee

Postby drphat » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:04 am

Hi All,
In the process of restoring my Aristocrat Honey Bee and have stripped it down but I've got two small issues.
I've searched the forums but nothing specific to my problem. First I've got all the metal cabinet parts removed for re-plating but the main door/front panel has the hinge tac welded to it, it would appear to be factory done. I can't see any way to remove the pin/spine to separate it. I would assume once chromed the whole hinge would be seized/plated together?

Second is the handle has no black knob/handle end but I have a spare machine with a bent handle but the black knob is attached. How is it attached and how do I remove it? Read about freezing and dunking in boiling water but not sure if this is the correct way to go about it?

Thanks for any help. !THUMBS!

If anyone's wondering, Clubmaster is finished just need to make a stand.
IMG_1247a.jpg

coppinpr

Re: Aristocrat Honey Bee

Postby coppinpr » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:36 am

The hinge would be a bit strange, seems it would make life difficult at the factory !PUZZLED! . Need to at least see a photo of the handle but these often simply unscrew. Heating then cooling the metal might make it easier. The problem is getting a grip on it without damaging it.