Oliver Whales Selecta Cup

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
tt600al

Oliver Whales Selecta Cup

Post by tt600al »

Hi I'm new to this. I normally tinker with old motorbikes but I have just bought a 'Selecta Cup' but it needs what I believe is called a backflash. Are these available anywhere please?
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Oliver Whales Selecta Cup

Post by badpenny »

Hi and welcome to the website and 2020, both at the same time.

Post us a photograph so we can see what you're facing. Go to "Post a Reply" and then down to the "Attachments" tab below.

BP :cool:
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

I'm afraid nobody supplies backflashes, but it would not be hard to make a respectable reproduction - the graphics are quite simple on this one. Is yours missing or damaged?
Attachments
P1030119.jpeg
tt600al

Post by tt600al »

Hi the top part is very faded and the backflash is damaged. Where could I go to get replacements done please? The backflash looks like it's plastic.
Thanks, Alan.
This is a pic of my machine.
Attachments
selecta cup.jpg
selecta cup.jpg (23.14 KiB) Viewed 4171 times
jimmy55

Post by jimmy55 »

Whereabouts are you based TT600al? I may be able to help. I did e-mail you through the Forum but you may not have received it.
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

From your small photo TT that actually looks like a pretty nice original set of plastics you have. The top plastic sits behind glass so not a problem to just retouch the front of it with the faded U & P. And as for the main plastic, is it just the fading that bothers you? Again could be retouched over the plastic. You won't make the game any more desirable or valuable by replacing it unless it's terrible. And a lot of fiddly work to swap over even if you've done it many times.

Another option is to print some clear decals on your home printer to go over the top of the upper corners of the faded lettering. That's prob how I'd tackle if it was my own machine. The less you do the better.
tt600al

Post by tt600al »

jimmy55 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:10 pm Whereabouts are you based TT600al? I may be able to help. I did e-mail you through the Forum but you may not have received it.
Hi Jimmy I did receive but couldn't open it.

Sorry forgot to add I'm in Sheffield
Regards,
Alan
jimmy55

Post by jimmy55 »

Hi Alan, If you have decided to go down the route of replacement and planning to strip the machine down I would need your original to work from which I would return with the repro. I've done the topflash on your machine but not the backflash. Have a look at a few others I have done www.endofthepier.com you can direct message me your details on here or email me through the website if you need help. As gameswat mentioned if the machine plays well and you want to preserve originality then you could always leave as it is.
pipcaff

Post by pipcaff »

Hi did you ever get the back flash done ?
I had mine done around the same time you were asking but I’ve not been here for a wee while.
I didn’t realise it was a turquoise blue behind the cups, hence the wrong colour was chosen.
Let me know if you need the image file. You may need to get colour updated though.
Caff
Attachments
IMG_0026a.jpg
IMG_0026a.jpg (40.23 KiB) Viewed 268 times
IMG_0027a.jpg
IMG_0027a.jpg (77.78 KiB) Viewed 268 times
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

pipcaff wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:33 pm Let me know if you need the image file.
If you don't mind uploading it here, I'll put it in Resources in case anyone needs it in the future.

The Selecta Cig below sold for £420 at Duke's about half an hour ago.
Attachments
Dukes-210.jpg
Dukes-210.jpg (201.47 KiB) Viewed 294 times