Fill Em Up questions

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
JC

Re: Fill Em Up questions

Post by JC »

cait001 wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:23 pm I used my micrometer and all the balls in the machine measure 35/64, and all the new ball 9/16. That's a 1/64 difference, but it makes all the difference in the world!
There has been debate previously re 9/16" balls, which is pretty much standard size for most allwins. I recall that the correct size appears to be 14mm. Given that these machines were manufactured in the late '50s/early 60s, the use of metric size balls would have been somewhat progressive!
As 14mm balls are probably going to be far easier to source than 35/64", that's probably the way to go (there's only about 0.004" difference).
deano67

Post by deano67 »

Hi,
Not sure if it helps but I have just restored my "Fill Em Up" and there were 40 balls in there. Also had the same problem with payouts, but just needed cleaning and adjustment. Great machines and engaging to play!
Liking the little base ball in your picture by the way. Would you sell/swap it maybe?
Pics attached of mine after 8 hours of stripping/sanding/varnishing etc.
Attachments
ebay-march-12-4104a.jpg
ebay-march-12-4109a.jpg
ebay-march-12-4111a.jpg
ebay-march-12-4108a.jpg
cait001

Post by cait001 »

pennymachines wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:11 pm They look good together. Was that wooden pachinko cabinet custom-made?
The trim was added to the pachinko cabinet by whomever was operating it. The stain on the trim is the same as on the machine itself, so I imagine it was a decoration, but early on in its life.
cait001

Post by cait001 »

pennymachines wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:11 pm They look good together. Was that wooden pachinko cabinet custom-made?
The trim was added to the pachinko cabinet by whomever was operating it. The stain on the trim is the same as on the machine itself, so I imagine it was a decoration but early on in its life.
deano67 wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:48 pm Hi,
Not sure if it helps but I have just restored my "Fill Em Up" and there were 40 balls in there. Also had the same problem with payouts, but just needed cleaning and adjustment. Great machines and engaging to play!
Liking the little base ball in your picture by the way. Would you sell/swap it maybe ?
Pics attached of mine after 8 hours of stripping/sanding/varnishing etc.
Your Fill Em Up, like most others, have great colours compared to mine! Mine are so faded. Ah well, I still love it.

Base Ball is an interesting little game. It's funny how tiny and light the case and the balls are in it compared to Fill Em Up.
I would consider trading it, but there is only a limited range of things on my wish list. Plus, I'm in Canada.
deano67

Post by deano67 »

Ah sorry, didn't realize you were so far away! Yes the backflash is good on mine but then I paid good money for it (680 GBP). Can you not get a repro backflash done maybe?
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

deano67 wrote:I have just restored my "Fill Em Up" and there were 40 balls in there
Assuming that in the unlikely (but possible) event, all of the columns were full, then the total amount of stacked balls would be 42 (column ball capacities = 1,2,3,4,5,6 x 2), therefore one more ball would be required to trigger any column so total balls in the machine should be 43.
cait001

Post by cait001 »

deano67 wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:13 pm Ah sorry, didn't realize you were so far away! Yes the backflash is good on mine but then I paid good money for it (680 GBP). Can you not get a repro backflash done maybe?
I'm sure it's possible to get a reproduction done, but it's only original once, right? It has some bubbling/buckling, so if it ever cracks and impedes gameplay I'll look to replace it, but for now I'm just going to leave it.

Cleaned all the 35/64" balls, but wish I had a tumbler to get any pitting out.
One day I'll get around to cleaning the payout slides.
deano67

Post by deano67 »

On my machine it would need 44 balls to fill all columns and plus one more to trigger a win. I also wondered why there were only 40 balls. Maybe they are stuck in there somewhere, or just were removed at some point, or just never there to start with. Like you say, would be quite unusual to have all columns full before a win was triggered I guess?