Post by jimmycowman »

Does anyone know who made this and what year? 🤔
Attachments
DSC_0182a.jpg
20200508_174239a.jpg
moonriver

Re: Dozer pusher

Post by moonriver »

Not keen on the artwork. I should think it died a death on 10p play.
Are you going to convert it to old penny?
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Gotta be late '70s '80s period from the style, I would have thought.

Love the man cave. !!THUMBSX2!!
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

Yea I'm going to convert to old penny just wondering if it was late 60s or 70s. 🤔
brigham

Post by brigham »

What's the general view of converting 'decimal' machines to old money?
I'd love to have a Jamieson's BINGO on Old Penny, but it simply didn't exist at the time.
moonriver

Post by moonriver »

brigham wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 2:49 pm What's the general view of converting 'decimal' machines to old money?
I'd love to have a Jamieson's BINGO on Old Penny, but it simply didn't exist at the time.
Personally I think it's ok to convert a coin mech (and slides in the case of a pusher) so it can operate on a different coin such as old penny provided that original parts are kept so can be put back again if required. It depends of how much of a purist you are.
I know some operators that have updated their vintage machines internally with low voltage Chinese motors and new wiring looms that for me ruin the integrity of the machine. When I open a vintage machine I like to see period fittings as they were made, and its not hard to buy these replacement/ new old stock parts when doing restoration, it just looks nicer.
I just converted a Brenco 'Heads n Tails' to old penny from new penny to operate and it's a great game to play. The amusement industry has always been innovative and converted up machines.
I'd rather see these old electromechanical machines given a new lease of life than rotting in a garage.
moonriver

Post by moonriver »

treefrog wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 12:31 pm Gotta be late '70s '80s period from the style, I would have thought.

Love the man cave. !!THUMBSX2!!
I think you're right on time period
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

Are most of the old penny pushers usually very big. Except the counter top ones? Anybody got home sized old penny sensible sized one?? 🤔 🤔
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I remember about twenty years ago seeing on eBay a Bell Fruit Cascade.
It was described as a Victorian machine converted in the 60s to the 1np coin, the bidding was to start at £850.

Clearly there were no takers, even if you didn't know the history of the machine or how to research it most knew decimalisation didn't happen until 1971.
After a week I contacted the vendor and explained the inaccuracies in his description, in order that he may be more accurate.
I got back a very grateful response within two minutes, along the lines of .....

The problem with eBay these days is the nosey do gooders sticking their &%$+'ing unwanted arses blah, blah, blah.
Anyway I was glad I was able to assist him in his lacklustre knowledge regarding British amusement machines and sincerely trust he went on to experience a particularly painful and drawn out demise.

BP :tarah:
moonriver

Post by moonriver »

jimmycowman wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 6:09 pm Are most of the old penny pushers usually very big. Except the counter top ones? Anybody got home sized old penny sensible sized one?? 🤔 🤔
Those 'Jungle Treasure' pushers are single player very compact and colourful and cheap for home use, mechs easily converted to old penny.
Original old penny pushers were usually big and bold, arcade floor space was cheap and needed filling.

pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Bryans Penny-Go-round has to be the ultimate mid-sized vintage penny pusher.
There seem to be plenty of mid-sized games made from the 1970s onwards, including a few by Cromptons.
Attachments
mid-sized-pushers.jpg
moonriver

Post by moonriver »

Copper Canyon my choice out of that lot, double falls and quite a pleasing shape.
I'm operating a Penny-Go-Round and it's a crafty game, looks like you can't possibly lose!
cait001

Post by cait001 »

This Crompton Silver Skis is only $199 and oh is it a beast https://www.ebay.com/itm/CROMPTON-SILVE ... 4001318642
Attachments
SilverSkis.jpg
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

moonriver wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 10:49 pm I'm operating a Penny-Go-Round and it's a crafty game, looks like you can't possibly lose!
Do you have an image of it? Shocking fact :shock: - apart from the flyer, we don't have a picture of Penny-Go-Round on site.
moonriver

Post by moonriver »

yes, garden centre site is closed at the moment but opens Wednesday, so I'll take a pic
moonriver

Post by moonriver »

IMG_0358.JPG

Bryans Penny-Go-Round pusher. The arcade has not re-opened yet, I have still to set up the machine properly, make a solid concrete pad for it to sit on and then it can be fastened back to the wall.
Apparently the mirror was to alert change desk staff, if they saw the play field image wobbling in the refection they knew it was being manipulated.
brigham

Post by brigham »

I can't wait to see this in action.
There's something fascinating about the relative motion of the two parts; can't quite remember what it was.
Is this the one where you can't see the 'lost' hole?
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Thanks moonriver. One of these got me addicted to penny slots. While the disc rotates, the wipers oscillate to and fro. It was worth keeping an eye on, because sometimes this caused a bunch of coins to shift back and forth for several minutes, before a few would spill to the payout.
moonriver

Post by moonriver »

The 'lost hole' is very cleverly disguised by the name plate overhanging the play field right at the front. Underneath that is a little flap that periodically raises and lowers to pinch overhanging pennies allowing them to fall down into the cashbox. It does it without raising any suspicion at all, and the play field looks like everything that falls off is a winner.
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

Do people think the price of coin pushers are going up.. The program tipping point has helped. I went Blackpool last month the modern day pushers still seem very popular.