Somebody knows... Maybe you?
mickeyblue

Sega Imperial: no payout on cherry & adjust reel stops

Postby mickeyblue » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:02 pm

Hi all, I have spent the evening checking through the forum to see if this is noted elsewhere. I cannot see another post like this.

I have purchased an Imperial machine which pays out for all wins except single cherry on reel 1. The vertical slide does pass through the slot but I am unable to see or.l figure out how it would pay out as the slide does not contact the same set of contacts that the other slides do for their payouts.

Side note I do get a 2 coin payout for getting a bar with a star on it on reel 3, this is not a winning payout that I can see on the artwork.

I did initially think the reel straps were incorrectly aligned but they all do payout and again the cherry on reel 1 and 2 do payout as the slide can move through both slots....

I'm confused. Can anyone give me any starting points.
This is my first machine.

Regards

Michael

treefrog

Re: Sega imperial- no payout on 1 cherry

Postby treefrog » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:35 pm

Welcome Michael,

Heavy those late Segas. :shock: There was one recently for sale on Facebook below. Is it the same one?

22F8BB4D-FB7F-4132-B45E-FCA6571ED477.jpeg
The problem can be a few things, but first port of call would be whether the upper finger for cherry (right hand one) is going far enough to trip the lower slide finger for single cherry, so bottom finger. The same finger operated the bottom two slides and is shaped slightly different to the other fingers and has a deeper contact. It may be that it is only fractionally out and sometimes bending the finger slightly is enough to allow contact on lower finger. Difficult to do towards the lower finger, but bending the bottom slightly to the right should bring slightly closer.

Also reel bundles being slightly out can mean the reel payout discs are closer to the fingers stopping the finger going deep enough, but check the first point. Also check the spring is good.

On the payout of two on the other mentioned award, share a picture. Sometimes machines have mystery awards, but this is normally highlighted, also could be an incorrect strip or award layout.

mickeyblue

Re: Sega Imperial - no payout on 1 cherry

Postby mickeyblue » Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:07 pm

Yes it is heavy... maybe you helped me get it to the car!

I didn't see the horizontal contacts and have checked them. As you said they we not quite making contact. So after a bit of trial and error it is now working as expected.

Many thanks.

Side note:- do we know of any resources for me to read up on this type of cab? I did find the documents here about Windsors, but was hoping to get some real hands-on tinkering!

Michael

treefrog

Postby treefrog » Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:12 am

I am getting long in the tooth to pick up these machines now and my arms would have had to have been very long to have help you to your car :HaHa:

The Sega Windsor guides are basic for parts and basic maintenance. If you want general machine help, something like the Meads Owners Pictural Guide may help, as Mills mechanisms are very similar

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mills-Slot-Mac ... xy4eJTLl7s

mickeyblue

Postby mickeyblue » Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:39 pm

Thank-you very much for taking the time to reply. I've reached out to the publisher of this book as delivery is almost as much as the book... but yes.. it looks exactly what I was hoping for.

I'm hoping to get really stuck into the restoration of this and other machines so this forum and its members are an excellent source of knowledge and inspiration.

As another side note is it possible to get coin blanks or token blanks for the special award tube on this and I imagine other machines... it does seem to work if I use 20p in the jackpot or token tube for payouts but wondered if there is such a supplier of token or.something to differentiate from coins ?

Again, thanks for the responses

Michael

treefrog

Postby treefrog » Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:03 pm

Before ordering the book, check with the owner of this site as he has an extensive library of international books including this one for a lot less if in stock.

Look under the American section about page 5 or 6

https://pennymachines.co.uk/Library/index.shtml

The top glass of your machine looks to have been modified, so unclear what was next to 20 and 10. Maybe the word 'coins'.... If using a token vendor, check the diameter and thickness. Many people have buckets of tokens for various machines who may be able to help...
CA133A65-4DB0-4E30-981F-517DA5C9DBE1.jpeg

aristomatic

Postby aristomatic » Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:47 pm

Hi and welcome, inside pictures of front of mech would help thanks. Check your messages too!

If there are no coins/tokens in the special tube, what does it payout on the jackpot awards, and on the 3 stars? Is it just greedy 10 coins for all jackpot awards and 20 coins for stars?

mickeyblue

Postby mickeyblue » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:41 pm

Hi and thanks for all the help and information. It really is appreciated.

For JP and Special it pays out 1 and 2 tokens respectively corresponding with the 20 and 10 numbers on the glass.
The tube can only gold about 90 tokens so I would imagine that each token had a value of 10. Also meaning you wouldn't have to top the tube up that often too !!

I've included a pic inside too. I'm genuinely fascinated at the mix of pure mechanical win detection with motor driven plungers for payout !
16051127224277845226728509315353.jpg

mickeyblue

Postby mickeyblue » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:49 pm

Additional..

If the token tube is empty it doesn't pay out anything on JP or special it just activates the plunger as if coins were there...

treefrog

Postby treefrog » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:00 pm

Oooo Errrr !PUZZLED!

I am now out of my depth as I think your machine looks to be electronic payout....possibly for both token vendor and main payout. There seems to be one slide and a pair of springs going to the back maybe where the solenoid is....

As such the book recommended may only help with some parts of the machine as is geared towards mechanical operation....