Somebody knows... Maybe you?
cazzy69

Re: Aristocrat Bingo Clickety Click

Postby cazzy69 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:59 pm

Well that's the first one done. The chrome that you see isn't actual chrome as they were wanting £700 to chrome these parts so I hunted the internet to best thing to chrome, and an American company do a powder coat as close to chrome as you can get, so I bought that, took it to my local powder coat place, and they did that but sorry I had to send them away to get de-chromed which companies were wanting £300 pound just to take it off !!! I got a place that done it for £60!! Yes, all my hunting the internet paid off, then comes another big bit - the decals. Some were missing, and the others were poor, so I had to redo the lot. I googled the machine and got a pic of what it was like, and drew it out myself, and estimated sizes by measuring the machine itself. Not cheap, but I got the best price as once the designer does your decal if I wanted to order it again as I did because I have two identical machines - yeh, rust as well! And you're not paying for the designer, it's just a copy the second time, but if anyone wants to know anything, just send me a message. More than willing to help.

All the best guys. Hope you like the pics.
Davie
20201023_094921a.jpg
20201122_130427a.jpg
20201122_130353a.jpg
20201106_173125a.jpg
20201106_173144a.jpg
20201106_173209a.jpg

treefrog

Postby treefrog » Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:26 pm

Well done !!THUMBSX2!! The chrome or metal finish looks good. One thing I keep forgetting to do is a before picture on any machine I work on....

I have a few of these, one is the Esprit version with slightly narrower cabinet and two Elites. I am hoping to make one good as I have a few bits missing like coin tray.....so will spend up probably with a spare cabinet.

All the ones I have seen and have, the award belly glass was not screen printed, but a plastic sheet stuck inside.

cazzy69

Postby cazzy69 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:26 pm

Hi mate,
Yes, these had a bit of plastic inside on the award belly. As I said, I hunted for the same machine on the internet and took sizes of what it looked like, then got a window decal made and seems to have came out well. I spent a few bob on the first one but, as the other one is the same, the decals ended up cheap as I was just getting copies of what I had designed. I was having issues with the reels being slow, so dismantled all the reels. There wasn’t any grease as such. Put them back, but still slow. Badpenny said if I had brakes take them off, but they were already off, then after about a week dithering about with it all of a sudden the reels were banging round stopping like bang bang bang. II thought, 'great - sorted, nothing wrong with the reels', then went in later and they were back slow again. Not as slow as they were, but reel one stops, two stops, then three just as two stops so does three, so bit bewildered how this has happened. Been speaking to and forth with Jeremy on this. Any of your Elites done anything similar mate?
Davie

treefrog

Postby treefrog » Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:24 pm

Can you do a video of the issue, sometimes easier than describing.....

Slow reel bundles can relate to a number of issues including:

1) kicker does not engage properly, or a weak spring or damaged head, so not kicking reel bundle properly

2) grease, grime dirt etc affecting spinning smoothly

3) something blocking reels rotation, including a timing issue, so fingers or reel stops engaging at the wrong point

4) overtightened securing nuts, which can restrict bundle, or under tightened, meaning the bundle can move and interfere with other parts

5) bent main steel shaft. I have had this on an Aristocrat and it took me ages to work out why the reels were slow

6) damaged reel shaft splines (usually made of brass/copper). If worn or damaged, bent, dented etc., it can run badly

Plus probably more issues that will come to mind....
Reels not spinning correctly

cazzy69

Postby cazzy69 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:19 pm

This is where the kicker is kicking from. Do you think this is the result of the slow reels? If so, how can I fix this?
Thanks, Davie
kicker1.jpg

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:51 pm

I think it's time to tamper with the one thing we didn't want to fiddle with.
It's Dog & Anvil time!!
There's a lot written about it on here.
If you click here .....
..... you'll see we've had to address this more than a few times in the past.
Please read up on it, because if you don't fully understand/follow the instructions you'll be back here telling us sorry tales of your mech now being seized up and you can't release it.

BP :cool:

bryans fan

Postby bryans fan » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:38 pm

badpenny wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:51 pm

It's Dog & Anvil time!!
BP :cool:

Great! Mine's a pint please !!CHEERS!!