Aristocrat Bingo Clickety Click

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
cazzy69

Aristocrat Bingo Clickety Click

Post by cazzy69 »

Hi guys, I’m a newbie. I bought two old one arm bandits in bad condition and am restoring them (first time doing this). They are an Aristocrat Bingo Clickety Click. I’ve got one working perfect, but this other one the reels spin but number 1 stops, then 2 and 3 stop together slowly. I’ve cleaned all the inside and pay slides including new springs but not removed the reel bundle (bit unsure in case I can’t get it back together!) I put a cloth over the fan and let the reels run. The first one runs free but the other two are really stiff. Any help much appreciated thanks.
Davie
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Aristocrat bingo clickety click

Post by badpenny »

Hi, welcome to the forum.

I guess you're going to have to slide the reel assembly out and clean the axle. It's probably blocked with dry grease.
It's easier than you probably think, take a deep breath and leap in.
At least you've got another one to use for comparison.

BP :cool:
cazzy69

Re: Aristocrat Bingo Clickety Click

Post by cazzy69 »

Hi badpenny do I have to take the reels off the spindal or can I clean it easily enough and is there any tips you can give me taking it off thanks
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Have a butchers at Rebuilding a Reel Bundle in Tips & Tricks.
cazzy69

Post by cazzy69 »

Thanks for that great information from great people on this forum luv it
cazzy69

Post by cazzy69 »

Hi guys after restoring one machine to the next was a bit daunting thinking about taking apart the reels and pay slides and replacing springs but found this site and found a real badpenny !!! But this one wasn’t bad at all he guided me thro the worst bits of doing it and bits were a struggle but he said never give up ,I wasn’t any way this wasn’t going to defeat me and thro tinkering and reels out and in so many times all in bits then putting it back together putting it in the mech for it just to be the same !!! So out and stripped again thinking what can I do now to it ,every one uses oil 3 in one wd40 I had an idea years ago when I was putting oil in my car and on the shelf in the garage was slick50 !! Supose to be slippery than ice so took it up and put it in between the reels weather that was the right thing to do I didn’t know ,badpenny said look at the back Maby the stop is staying on longer than should be and not allowing the kicker to give a gd pelt ,as I was looking I thot I’d get it a turn over and boom the reels spun really fast and bang bang bang wow it’s all working all the late nights after work finally got it working I’ll post pics up once I know how to as this side of thing computer wise I’m hopeless but all the best Davie
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

**xXx** !!THUMBSX2!!

Doesn't it feel good when a plan comes together ..... and you did it yourself?

BP :cool:
cazzy69

Post by cazzy69 »

20201119_065848.jpg

Attachments
20201119_190511.jpg
cazzy69

Post by cazzy69 »

This is the machines at the start of my journey
20201202_182222.jpg