Aristocrat Bingo Clickety Click

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
cazzy69

Aristocrat Bingo Clickety Click

Post by cazzy69 »

Hi guys, I’m a newbie. I bought two old one arm bandits in bad condition and am restoring them (first time doing this). They are an Aristocrat Bingo Clickety Click. I’ve got one working perfect, but this other one the reels spin but number 1 stops, then 2 and 3 stop together slowly. I’ve cleaned all the inside and pay slides including new springs but not removed the reel bundle (bit unsure in case I can’t get it back together!) I put a cloth over the fan and let the reels run. The first one runs free but the other two are really stiff. Any help much appreciated thanks.
Davie
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Aristocrat bingo clickety click

Post by badpenny »

Hi, welcome to the forum.

I guess you're going to have to slide the reel assembly out and clean the axle. It's probably blocked with dry grease.
It's easier than you probably think, take a deep breath and leap in.
At least you've got another one to use for comparison.

BP :cool:
cazzy69

Re: Aristocrat Bingo Clickety Click

Post by cazzy69 »

Hi badpenny do I have to take the reels off the spindal or can I clean it easily enough and is there any tips you can give me taking it off thanks
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Have a butchers at Rebuilding a Reel Bundle in Tips & Tricks.
cazzy69

Post by cazzy69 »

Thanks for that great information from great people on this forum luv it
cazzy69

Post by cazzy69 »

Hi guys after restoring one machine to the next was a bit daunting thinking about taking apart the reels and pay slides and replacing springs but found this site and found a real badpenny !!! But this one wasn’t bad at all he guided me thro the worst bits of doing it and bits were a struggle but he said never give up ,I wasn’t any way this wasn’t going to defeat me and thro tinkering and reels out and in so many times all in bits then putting it back together putting it in the mech for it just to be the same !!! So out and stripped again thinking what can I do now to it ,every one uses oil 3 in one wd40 I had an idea years ago when I was putting oil in my car and on the shelf in the garage was slick50 !! Supose to be slippery than ice so took it up and put it in between the reels weather that was the right thing to do I didn’t know ,badpenny said look at the back Maby the stop is staying on longer than should be and not allowing the kicker to give a gd pelt ,as I was looking I thot I’d get it a turn over and boom the reels spun really fast and bang bang bang wow it’s all working all the late nights after work finally got it working I’ll post pics up once I know how to as this side of thing computer wise I’m hopeless but all the best Davie
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

**xXx** !!THUMBSX2!!

Doesn't it feel good when a plan comes together ..... and you did it yourself?

cazzy69

Post by cazzy69 »

20201119_065848.jpg

Attachments
20201119_190511.jpg
cazzy69

Post by cazzy69 »

This is the machines at the start of my journey
20201202_182222.jpg

cazzy69

Post by cazzy69 »

More pics
20201115_145550.jpg

20201117_180341.jpg

20201130_183842.jpg

cazzy69

Post by cazzy69 »

Well that's the first one done. The chrome that you see isn't actual chrome as they were wanting £700 to chrome these parts so I hunted the internet to best thing to chrome, and an American company do a powder coat as close to chrome as you can get, so I bought that, took it to my local powder coat place, and they did that but sorry I had to send them away to get de-chromed which companies were wanting £300 pound just to take it off !!! I got a place that done it for £60!! Yes, all my hunting the internet paid off, then comes another big bit - the decals. Some were missing, and the others were poor, so I had to redo the lot. I googled the machine and got a pic of what it was like, and drew it out myself, and estimated sizes by measuring the machine itself. Not cheap, but I got the best price as once the designer does your decal if I wanted to order it again as I did because I have two identical machines - yeh, rust as well! And you're not paying for the designer, it's just a copy the second time, but if anyone wants to know anything, just send me a message. More than willing to help.

All the best guys. Hope you like the pics.
Davie
Attachments
20201023_094921a.jpg
20201122_130427a.jpg
20201122_130353a.jpg
20201106_173125a.jpg
20201106_173144a.jpg
20201106_173209a.jpg
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Well done !!THUMBSX2!! The chrome or metal finish looks good. One thing I keep forgetting to do is a before picture on any machine I work on....

I have a few of these, one is the Esprit version with slightly narrower cabinet and two Elites. I am hoping to make one good as I have a few bits missing like coin tray.....so will spend up probably with a spare cabinet.

All the ones I have seen and have, the award belly glass was not screen printed, but a plastic sheet stuck inside.
cazzy69

Post by cazzy69 »

Hi mate,
Yes, these had a bit of plastic inside on the award belly. As I said, I hunted for the same machine on the internet and took sizes of what it looked like, then got a window decal made and seems to have came out well. I spent a few bob on the first one but, as the other one is the same, the decals ended up cheap as I was just getting copies of what I had designed. I was having issues with the reels being slow, so dismantled all the reels. There wasn’t any grease as such. Put them back, but still slow. Badpenny said if I had brakes take them off, but they were already off, then after about a week dithering about with it all of a sudden the reels were banging round stopping like bang bang bang. II thought, 'great - sorted, nothing wrong with the reels', then went in later and they were back slow again. Not as slow as they were, but reel one stops, two stops, then three just as two stops so does three, so bit bewildered how this has happened. Been speaking to and forth with Jeremy on this. Any of your Elites done anything similar mate?
Davie
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Can you do a video of the issue, sometimes easier than describing.....

Slow reel bundles can relate to a number of issues including:

1) kicker does not engage properly, or a weak spring or damaged head, so not kicking reel bundle properly

2) grease, grime dirt etc affecting spinning smoothly

3) something blocking reels rotation, including a timing issue, so fingers or reel stops engaging at the wrong point

4) overtightened securing nuts, which can restrict bundle, or under tightened, meaning the bundle can move and interfere with other parts

5) bent main steel shaft. I have had this on an Aristocrat and it took me ages to work out why the reels were slow

6) damaged reel shaft splines (usually made of brass/copper). If worn or damaged, bent, dented etc., it can run badly

Plus probably more issues that will come to mind....
Reels not spinning correctly
cazzy69

Post by cazzy69 »

This is where the kicker is kicking from. Do you think this is the result of the slow reels? If so, how can I fix this?
Thanks, Davie
Attachments
kicker1.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I think it's time to tamper with the one thing we didn't want to fiddle with.
It's Dog & Anvil time!!
There's a lot written about it on here.
If you click here .....
..... you'll see we've had to address this more than a few times in the past.
Please read up on it, because if you don't fully understand/follow the instructions you'll be back here telling us sorry tales of your mech now being seized up and you can't release it.

bryans fan

Post by bryans fan »

badpenny wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:51 pm
It's Dog & Anvil time!!

Great! Mine's a pint please !!CHEERS!!
brianh

Post by brianh »

Having got a bit bored with being locked away I decided to take a punt on a Bandit (always previously had Allwins) and saw an Aristocrat which was one of the Bandits you guys kindly recommended as a good starter machine. Anyway it seems fine and in good overall condition but as seems to be common, the reels run slowly -more like they need a kick rather than gunked up as they run freely when I stop the fan part way through a cycle but only run for a few turns when I let it complete a normal handle pull- so I've tried reading all the hints and tips on the forum and am about to have a go at removing the reel bundle so I can start by giving all the bits a good clean and a drop of light oil (apart from anything near the coins!) where needed.

What I need to be sure of is what to undo and what not to, to remove the reels (and put them back again) without mucking up the machine. There are 2 screws as marked on the pics (top blue, and red arrow), but also a circlip (bottom blue arrow) and 2 nuts (green arrow). Do either or all of these need removing please? Also I saw on a you-tube video someone saying the brakes should be disconnected before removing the reel bundle but that was on a Mills. Is there anything on the Aristocrat that similarly needs removing or slackening to get the reels out?

Apologies for the basic questions but I'd rather embarrass myself with silly questions than end up with bits I can't reassemble !!JUNK!!

Many thanks
Brian
Attachments
bingo3.jpg
bingo4.jpg
bingo6.jpg
bingo9.jpg
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

The red screw is just to tighten the rod, so just loosen slightly and undo the two nuts to remove.

Might be worth checking the kicker once the bundle is out, common issue on aristocrats is old grease gunking them up
brianh

Post by brianh »

Thanks for your help, Treefrog. Just to check, does that mean the screw and circlip (blue arrows) the opposite end need loosening/removing respectively? I ask as I tend to have not a lot of luck with circlips that tend to spring off into a dark corner of my garage :!?!: