Aristocrat Bingo Clickety Click

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
treefrog

Re: Aristocrat Bingo Clickety Click

Post by treefrog »

You can move the rod from the end where the clip is, you may have to move the coin return lever
brianh

Post by brianh »

Thanks treefrog - reels suitably extracted and all looks well. I have attempted to attach a short video of the stops - they seem to activate fine but too quickly so that the whole spin cycle only takes about 3 seconds. The reels spin freely, it's just that the bar that releases the stops does so very quickly without giving the reels a chance to spin. Any suggestions please? :!?!:

treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I think you need to change the permissions on the video so public can see. :o

To add, the timing bar you refer to can be slowed down with the fans on the clock. When the fan edges are straight, they create more resistance and when bend sharply around less, so goes quicker. Also, the fan may not be operating correctly.
brianh

Post by brianh »

Sorry treefrog - try this? Works my end so if not, I'll concede defeat :!?!:

Meanwhile I'll see if straightening out the fan blades helps - thanks again for your help.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

The speed between each reel stop seems normal to me for an Aristocrat. How far does the timing bar which sticks out on one side go back? If it has greater travel it can make, then this can be pushed further to delay the initial start of the first reel stop with the dog and anvil, by extending the play and pushing the bar further.
brianh

Post by brianh »

Thanks again for your patience treefrog! With the handle cocked ready to release the timing bar I can still manually move the bar back about another half inch which would, as you say, allow the reels to spin longer before the stops are activated. I see from various posts about dog and anvil, if that is the answer, it isn't something to tinker with unless you know what you are doing, which I don't !PUZZLED! (but more than willing to learn).
Would you be willing to advise me on this please, and how best to set the timing bar to go back further, or is it something best left alone? :D
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Ok, 4 things to try

1) the fan, already mentioned about the effect the blade has. Of course there maybe a fault with the gearing on the clock, but unlikely

2) next one to try if this exists on your clock is the concentric Governor on the clock arm. See below marked with an arrow, if this exists you will find you can rotate this, giving more leverage to the timing bar by ensuring the fattest part is on the operating arm lever it connects with

88255F10-F5BF-40D4-AFF7-E51B9BCD5595.jpeg

3) dog and anvil. If you move the anvil to the left by undoing the nut on top, this will extend the operation of the operating arm at the back and pushing the clock. Do in small amounts as can affect other timing

DCDBEBD9-7FB2-429C-B851-690046ADCFCA.jpeg

4) last option is the arm that holds back the reel stop levers, in theory this may have got bent and I have bent them slightly to adjust timing as a last resort. This means removing the parts at the front and putting in a vice with a big hammer...very unscientific and should be last resort..

6C950E37-4D1C-4203-81F6-310F1E98F986.jpeg

brianh

Post by brianh »

Many thanks treefrog for the trouble you've gone to in your detailed reply !THUMBS! It's why I love this forum; so many helpful dedicated enthusiasts :cool:

I'll work through your options over the next day or so and let you know the outcome.
brianh

Post by brianh »

Thanks for your help again treefrog - have worked through the list and learned a lot about how these creatures work in the process :cool:
The reels run reasonably fast and smooth so even though a cycle doesn't last as long as it might, I'm happy with this and wouldn't want to tinker any more on the basis that if it ain't broke don't fix it :HaHa: