Nestle Vendor lock

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
nosmit

Nestle Vendor lock

Post by nosmit »

Hi I was hoping that someone in the group may know how I can source a lock for this Nestle chocolate vending machine. I picked it up just after Christmas and started doing the fun/easy bits like creating the Show card and 10p to operate badge. Now starting on the mechanics. Short of buying what might be right it would be great if someone could point me in the right direction. I have attached a few pictures. Many thanks Phil
Attachments
IMG_20210117_091358_hdra.jpg
IMG_20210117_091415_hdra.jpg
IMG_20210117_091132a.jpg
treefrog

Re: Nestle Vendor lock

Post by treefrog »

I believe they would use standard short nozzle locker, garage type locks. They vary in price starting modem cheap L&F locks sold by the hundred at collectors auctions, less than pound each. Then originals used on machines in the U.K. like Union and Yale. The latter being the most expensive, again widely available.

Cannot see mounts inside as some machines have long posts that affects the nozzle length.....personally on a nice chocolate machine I would use the better ones....

The problem locks are the offset locks, which yours is not and standard vendor type, check width if bolts and hole size

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lowe-and-Fle ... Sw61JdTXu7

l1.jpg
l1.jpg (13.52 KiB) Viewed 1591 times

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224201036909
Attachments
l2.jpg
nosmit

Post by nosmit »

Many thanks treefrog. This has made things a lot easier.
ilovemyjukebox

Post by ilovemyjukebox »

Tree frog nailed it. They are not offset so readily available. You may need to put a washer on the inside so the lock slips down into the vending mech. You may have to slightly adapt the screw holes too.