Deci King reel spin?

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
ronnie63

Re: Deci King reel spin?

Post by ronnie63 »

Thanks guys, sewing oil it is then, hate vodka doubt it will mix well with lager!

Going to remove the clock for a better clean as that's still slow to set despite cleaning that shaft.

Can't see the kicker too well because of the live jackpot, maybe removing the reels to get at the gubbins? But not looked how easy that may or may not be?

Cheers Ronnie
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Get your phone and take oodles of photos as you tear it down, or grab your camera and talk to everyone you don't know.
ronnie63

Post by ronnie63 »

Hi guys, it's been a while! Hope all are well and safe?

At last had time to get to the bottom of this! I managed to swing the live jackpot out of the way and got into the kicker to free it off. Now it's spinning up nicely, so thanks for the pointers on that issue.

Now the next problem! Payouts. All single slide likes of a cherry or lemon do not payout, 2 cherries sometimes! and not all 3 reel wins either. Seems a bit random on 3 and 2 reel wins? I'm getting the five clicks and the vertical fingers are going into the pay discs, so not sure on the issue? I guess my next step is to remove and clean the pay slides?

Thanks Ronnie
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Sounds about right for your next stage Ronnie.
Well done
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

As bp says, definitely the way to go. Once you have removed the coin tube you will be able to see what's going (or not going) on. Check this before removing the slides so you can see the difference once you replace them. Things to look for at that stage are: Does the slide brake come across and hold all the slides back during the wind-up? Are the springs in good condition and pulling on the slides when they release? Is the slide top cover holding back the slides when they should release due to dirt or being too tight?
Then remove the slides, being sure to keep them in the correct order; clean and polish them, but do not use ANY oil. Replace the slides and run the machine while you can still see what's going on.
ronnie63

Post by ronnie63 »

Thanks guys, will follow that advice and report back.
ronnie63

Post by ronnie63 »

Right, I removed all the pay slides. They look OK, apart from a bit oily! Just wondered - the bottom pay slide that has the vertical bar at the back is not perfectly at a 45 degrees? Looks to be bent back a bit. Not sure if it should be like that?

I can see with the slides removed, the horizontal finger for the first slide does ping out for a cherry win.

Thanks Ronnie
ronnie63

Post by ronnie63 »

I went ahead and straightened that first slide with the upright as it seemed bent?

Anyway, put back together and I think I see the problem with the 1 coin wins. The horizontal fingers is getting kicked out before the clock arm has cleared the back of the slides, so blocking the slide from triggering. Sometimes it will trigger, but mostly not. Not sure if the clock needs to be sped up by bending the fins in slightly, or it's some other timing issue?

Thanks Ronnie
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Not sure I have understood the last point, maybe I need to re-read thread. So when you get a Cherry win, the bottom horizontal lever is moving away from the slides and as such the lower slide pays outs, which sounds corrects or have I missed something !PUZZLED!
ronnie63

Post by ronnie63 »

Hi treefrog, maybe my explnation was not clear sorry

Yes for 1 cherry the horizontal finger is being kicked out, but it would seem too early? as the arm that moves behind the slides is blocking the slide from tripping at that moment?

Having said that the payout for 1 lemon never kicks the finger out?

I will try and do a video showing the action at the slides during a spin

Thanks Ronnie