Deci King reel spin?

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
treefrog

Re: Deci King reel spin?

Post by treefrog »

Ah, I got you, so the sliding locking lever on the other side engages too soon for the slide to deploy.

Timing issue... A number of options... I would first have a look at the thread from a few weeks ago. I added some options to increase the time on the timing bar that controls the slide release lever. The option 2, the nut on top of the clock, is a good start as you need to extend the time on the timing lever.

Also if you have bent the master slide with the upright metal part holding the slides, this will affect the release lever, so bent towards slides will cause lever to release early. Someone may have bent this before to try and address the issue.

Re: Aristocrat Bingo Clickety Click
ronnie63

Post by ronnie63 »

Thanks treefrog,

The master slide was bent back away from the slides. I straightened it so it was upright.

I did try screwing that screw clockwise so the bar at the back of the slides would clear the slides earlier (if that's correct) but did not want to mess too much with that before I got some proper advice.

Will have a look at that thread now.

Thanks Ronnie
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I think OP is saying that the cycle is stopping at the fourth clunk.
If so, try strengthening the spring that pulls the clock back.

I don't understand the reference to a pay out on a lemon. Perhaps I also need to read the whole thread again.
Don't give up, you're on the final run.

BP :cool:
ronnie63

Post by ronnie63 »

1 lemon should pay same as 1 cherry but via another finger. I do get the 5 clunks - maybe I'm not explaining well. I will do a video and try and upload it later.

treefrog, I have tried your first 2 methods but still no joy. When the horizontal finger is kicked out, it springs back before the payslide can trigger. Should this finger stay out until the slide can move back?

Thanks Ronnie
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

So we are talking about the right parts here - when you say horizontal payout finger, you are talking about the stack of 6 or 5 horizontal ones that each have a spring at the back? If so, and you say it moves away from the slides, but springs back so it locks the slides after a win. First question, is there a spring at the back? Next, I have had similar issues when the vertical finger engages the win holes, but bounces back, so not allowing the lower fingers to release the slide, due to an incorrect spring being used. Over tight vertical springs can cause issues, as well as ones too loose. Check this first.
ronnie63

Post by ronnie63 »

Thanks, I will check the springs again, one does look new on the lower fingers, I will do a short video and take a few pics.

Cheers Ronnie
ronnie63

Post by ronnie63 »

Hope this short video highlights the problem maybe in the timing?

The top springs are stronger than the bottom set but look right to me?

Have attached some pics too

Thanks Ronnie
Attachments
IMG_0939a.jpg
IMG_0938a.jpg
IMG_0937a.jpg
IMG_0936a.jpg
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Just to answer an early question you asked, the horizontal fingers have to move away from the slides while the slide brake is still holding the slides back and stay there. As Tom says, the master slide has most likely been bent to solve the problem. Now you have put it back to the correct position. It's made things worse, but that's good in a way, as you can now address the original problem.

I don't know this machine well, but lemon wins are VERY rare. The lemon is traditionally a loser in American culture. Do all the other payouts work correctly? The vertical springs look good (as long as they are not too strong). The horizontal springs do look a bit of a mixed bunch. These springs are always a bit odd. They need to be surprisingly weak, yet strong enough to pull the finger quickly and hold it in place. Have you checked that the fingers have no dirt on the pivot causing them to stick?
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

1 and 2 lemons pay out 2 and 4 coins on Deci King.
Attachments
Aristocrat-Kingsway-ONE-ARM-BANDIT-Royal.jpg
Aristocrat-Kingsway-ONE-ARM-BANDIT-Royal.jpg (38.78 KiB) Viewed 2006 times
ronnie63

Post by ronnie63 »

Thanks for the help guys. In the case of a cherry win I can see the finger being kicked away from the slides, but it seems to go back behind the slide before it can slide?

The lemon win is the bottom finger and looks to be a new spring, but feels as weak as the rest, but I will try swapping it with one of the others.

I have not checked all the wins yet, but it seems mostly the 2 and 3 reel wins work apart from 2 oranges and the star type symbol, but I have seen it fail on 2 cherries. I will try and check them all, but as you said, it may be worse now after bending the master slide.

Thanks Ronnie
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Test all of the wins first, in case you're missing something.
It's better to problem solve with all the evidence than to guess the bigger picture with only a couple of clues.

BP !PUZZLED!
ronnie63

Post by ronnie63 »

Lol have checked some not all, it now 3 times in a row paid out on 1 cherry!

so far

not paying
1 lemon
any combination of oranges 3 x or 2 + star (it was paying for 3 before?)

I have changed all bottom finger springs for pinball return springs, they are low resistance.

I reduced the fin size slightly on the clock

I tried altering that offset cam thing on the back of the clock that pushes the long thick bar that runs along the back

I tried that screw that adjusts the slide blocker bar.

I have not adjusted the dog as yet.

Whilst I'm still head scratching I'm making the cabinet pretty!

Thanks Ronnie
ronnie63

Post by ronnie63 »

Hi guys, not looked at this in a long time! Still not resolved.

I'm focusing on the 1 lemon win that seems to consistently fail! The finger for this one is the last one at the back, not sure why the bottom finger is not being kicked away from the slide? I can't even tell what kicks it away anyway? It will pay for 2 lemons though? It also failed to pay for 3 oranges but when I tried today it paid out!

Thanks Ronnie
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I'm wondering if due to wear the pay out disc bundle has moved far enough over to trip some pay outs when they shouldn't.

BP
ronnie63

Post by ronnie63 »

Hi Badpenny, thanks. It's not paying out when it should. It should pay 1 coin for 1 lemon, 2 coins for 2, as it does for a cherry. It never pays when it should not.

Thanks Ronnie
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Sorry if we've gone through all of this before ......
Have you done a thorough audit of the reel symbols versus pay out discs? And mapped it?

What happens if you force pay out combinations like 3 oranges? What stops it, availability of holes on discs? Finger fowling somewhere on disc? Vertical finger not interacting correctly with horizontal one?

Have you confirmed the whole cycle is actually working from beginning to end and it's only the pay out that is hit and miss?

The lemon pay out is puzzling, in 50 years of collecting I have never seen a single lemon paying out. Of course that doesn't mean anything in itself, but makes me question if the strips have moved and somebody redid the award card to match?

First get the mech cycling as it should then make fine adjustments to get the awards right.

BP
ronnie63

Post by ronnie63 »

Hi BP thanks, I think I have the mech running as it should with the 3 clicks etc, and the vertical finger is in the pay disc hole for one lemon, when it does pay out for say a cherry I can see the hor finger fly out from the slides, I'm trying to understand how that happens? does the vertical finger kick the horizontal one out? It's bugging my why it fails to pay! Everything is free abd cleaned in respect of the pay slides etc. I did post a video earlier in the post I'll attach here

Thanks Ronnie
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Your video gives hope the cycle is running right. It's 5 clicks not 3, and it's doing that.
The Horizontal fingers are kicked out by the Vertical fingers, thus releasing the slides.
When a Vertical finger enters a hole in the disc, follow it down and you'll see that because it's pivoted half way the bottom half goes the opposite way and kicks the corresponding Horizontal one out, so the slide releases.

Without having the machine in front of me, and going back to my previous reply. Work on the basis that the cycle is intact, and concentrate on the awards.
So like I said, earlier this afternoon ...
"Have you done a thorough audit of the reel symbols versus pay out discs? And mapped it?" Because until you are sure the machine is capable of doing what the Award Card says then you are ignoring the essential and trusting on the unknown.

BP :didact:
ronnie63

Post by ronnie63 »

Thanks BP that's reassuring. I will do that, making sure the finger is going through the discs. I did notice there is no award for Aristocrat symbols, even though they are on the reels!

Thanks Ronnie
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Are you saying the 3 Aristocrat symbols on "centre line" does not payout?
Or are you saying that this combination doesn't feature on the award card?
3 Aristocrat symbol win line is normally shown on award card as 3 "Bars", so 3 Aristocrats = 3 "Bars" on centre line and should payout (usually 10).

Please post pictures of your award card or just compare it to the machine pictures I posted.