Retro-Arcade allwins

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
lenny

Re: Retro-Arcade allwins

Post by lenny »

Thank you for your question and posting a link to our site.
The only parts we sell, mostly via Ebay, are win cups and coin slots. There are several reasons for doing so:

1. The cost of manufacturing cups is inordinately high, especially factoring in the price of the mould. To make them cost effective, we produce in excess of our own requirements and sell the surplus.
2. Coin slots are pretty simple to make and there are a surprising number of machines with them missing. Also, having milled a quantity of slots, we can divide production between 2p, 10p and old 1d length grooves to accept any for these coins.

In both cases, these are parts which we can confidently sell for almost any game in the UK and abroad (Canada, Australia, America, France, Germany to name a few countries we have supplied). It has been a revelation to see how far afield we receive enquiries from collectors and enthusiasts. We supply a gentleman in Australia who makes Elevenses!

It would be lovely to offer a comprehensive range of parts for all makes and styles of old machines but we are actually Allwin manufacturers and concentrate on parts required for our production.

I would like to add that our journey into Allwin production has introduced me to some amazing and fascinating people. What a diverse and enthusiastic bunch we are!
jimmycowman

Reproductions

Post by jimmycowman »

Topic moved & merged - Site Admin.

Just flicking through ebay and came across this not my thing but I thought it was a really good recreation. I wonder if one day some of the Bryans machines could be recreated.......
Attachments
Screenshot_20210206-190302a.jpg
Screenshot_20210206-190311a.jpg
treefrog

Re: Reproductions

Post by treefrog »

This company Retro Arcade has been discussed on here quite a few times and they do many backflashes and now sell Allwin parts. I have yet to see any feedback from anyone having bought one though. They look good and much better quality than Nostalgic and made of oak....
https://www.retro-arcade.co.uk/
cait001

Post by cait001 »

I bought allwin track from them before and it was great quality.
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

jimmycowman wrote:I wonder if one day some of the Bryans machines could be recreated.......
Retro-arcade already produce one Jimmy - less the iconic corner plates on the door and a different style cabinet
Attachments
Retro arcade Bryans.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

...... but are they variable with rear sprung cup rods?
Either way I'd be surprised if The Bryans family haven't kept their interest legally updated.

BP !!HIDING!!
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

It's good to see the soul of the allwin been kept alive in modern times. If I saw one in a pub (what's a pub) I would give it a go.