Rotating escalator Aristocrat Tic Tac Toe

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
perre64

Rotating escalator Aristocrat Tic Tac Toe

Post by perre64 »

The rotating coin escalator on my Tic Tac Toe doesn't move as it should and I don't know why.
Maybe there is something wrong on the back side. Some part missing or just in the wrong place?
Anyone who knows?
(se attached photo)
Attachments
20210326_234024a.jpg
Last edited by perre64 on Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aristomatic

Re: Rotating escalator Aristocrat Tic Tac Toe

Post by aristomatic »

On first look, you will certainly need to attach a spring between those two levers, situated to right of vertical bar and to right of the hexagonal cog wheel on the picture. I cannot get to my machines but I'm sure others will post pictures of the spring in situ.
perre64

Post by perre64 »

As simple as that!
Thanks for your help.
It seems to be working now.
😀👍
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Good to see it's working now. Add pictures of front of your machine - members like pictures to see if it's maybe a rarer example model.
perre64

Post by perre64 »

This is how it looks from the front.
Attachments
20210327_180000a.jpg
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Thanks for the picture.

You may at sometime wish to rotate the handle rod to its factory position. The rod needs to be lifted slightly and rotated around 90 degrees clockwise. You will need to remove the mechanism first and unscrew the handle bolt from the inside. Once the rod is loose, you will see a locating hole for the handle bolt to screw into and it's this that will hold the rod in the correct position.

Also, whilst you have the mechanism out of the cabinet, please post a couple of pictures of the front round section of the rotary escalator area too.

Below a picture of a different model, but it shows the handle in the correctly fitted position.
Attachments
unnamed.jpg
perre64

Post by perre64 »

Now the handle is in the right position and working fine.
Thanks again, Aristomatic!
Attachments
20210328_123347a.jpg
perre64

Post by perre64 »

Now there's only two problems left to solve. 😀
1. Could not find an original rotating escalator so I had to buy a plastic replica which leaves a gap behind so the coin just drops right through.
Attachments
20210328_123100a.jpg
20210328_122934a.jpg
20210328_122901a.jpg
perre64

Post by perre64 »

Can't seem to upload a MP4 filmclip.
Is the file too big or is the MP4 format not supported here?
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Good to see the handle now back in factory supplied position, May have saved you catching your knuckles in the future too! It's far more likely to find a rotary mechanism that's been converted to a simple drop down or the mechanism swapped out completely, than find a rotary machine with all the original rotary parts retained. Original rotary parts are very hard to source.

However, the majority of collectors or operators at the time merely covered the round glass window with artwork to show coin played, operator logo, or used an Aristocrat
logo. You may wish to follow this route 'til you are lucky enough to source parts or buy a complete machine in the future.

I've added a picture of an Aristocrat logo that works well in a round window. I think that your Aristocrat Nevada strip/award card are later replacements too? but look very smart, so
again can be replaced with originals at a later date, if you wish to do so. There are people on ebay and here, who I'm sure could offer to produce the artwork of your choice or a logo for the window if you decide to go ahead.
Attachments
1100002644a.jpg