Aristocrat Jackpot Conversion

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
aristomatic

Aristocrat Jackpot Conversion

Post by aristomatic »

Does anyone have pictures of an Aristocrat Arcadian with a jackpot tube conversion that's fed from the rake-off lever above the normal coin tube?

Basically there is an additional jackpot coin tube directly in front of the standard coin tube. This additional jackpot tube is not hand filled but filled by overflow of coins from the normal coin tube once this is full - the standard rake-off lever tipping them forward into the jackpot tube and not into the tube to the cashbox as usual (or a normal visible jackpot, if fitted to it). Both the normal coin tube and the jackpot tube and a different tube to the cashbox, locate into a new casting to that normally fitted, that accommodates an additional jackpot tube and cashbox tube. Additionally, there is a second rake-off lever setup at the top of the jackpot tube to rake off coins to the cashbox once the jackpot tube is full.

Once the jackpot is hit, 20 coins are dropped normally from a standard coin tube, plus however many additional coins are in the additional jackpot tube. The mech. baseplate is cut out to facilitate payout to the payout tray. I presume the cabinet is modified to also facilitate access to the pay tray?

Thanks
treefrog

Re: Aristocrat Jackpot Conversion

Post by treefrog »

I was trying to work out what you're referring to. Do you mean the token type vendors sitting in front of the coin tube, or the dropping jackpot seen on some early Aristocrats which auto fill from the overflow? !PUZZLED!
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Presume its the latter treefrog as not the usual token payout set up.

Have you pix or image, thx
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

The machine is not near me at the moment and I can't find a photo, but it is on YouTube. Problem is, videos seem to get darker over the years on that site, so I tried to highlight a snapshot below. If you want more detailed pictures, I would need to take them when next to the machine.

I have only seen these in the Starlite and have had a few which has lost most of the feature, but still, I have one complete. Paid about £3, from memory.

A8C133E8-177B-4A36-9324-7C1E91804585a.jpg

aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

That's the one.

Thanks for the picture and video. I wanted to see the jackpot tube rake-off lever arrangement. A collector friend has an incomplete setup and wants to make the rake-off lever and then fit it into a Clubmaster, if it fits. He's in no rush, so may I ask you in future for close up pictures, thanks.
malcymal

Post by malcymal »

Well I learned something there. I've got a basket case Arcadian in storage that I still haven't gotten around to restoring. I never knew these had that type of jackpot tube.