Aristocrat date from serial number?

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
malcymal

Aristocrat date from serial number?

Post by malcymal »

Can anybody enlighten me as to what the manufactured date means on my Aristocrat Manufacturer Plate.
It says 'Manufactured 665' now what does this mean.
It was made in June 1965?
It was made in May 1966?
It was amount of the machine made, or made on a specific day?
665 was a manufacturing location?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you, Malcy
Attachments
IMG_2859a.jpg
slotjunky

Re: Aristocrat Arcadian - Manufactured Plate

Post by slotjunky »

Hello malcymal,

I do not have the answer to your question but here is a picture of mine. It seems that it was built in Australia. Maybe it helps to find an answer.
Attachments
8E1A4481-1504-48A8-8286-ECFE52ACE3A7a.jpg
malcymal

Re: Aristocrat Arcadian - Manufactured Plate

Post by malcymal »

Well thank you for your picture. This blows a hole in my theory that it could have been a date. From the four digit number on your manufactured field, maybe this indicates the actual amount of that specific machine manufactured, so in my case it was number 665. But maybe somebody else can chip in with the definitive answer.
perre64

What year was it made?

Post by perre64 »

Topic merged - Site Admin.

Is it possible to tell from the manufacturing plate what year the machine was made?
It's an Aristocrat Nevada Tic Tac Toe.
Attachments
manufactured-plate-2a.jpg
manufactured-platea.jpg
treefrog

Re: Aristocrat date from serial number?

Post by treefrog »

Good question, one of many that have been confused over, as you see with this thread. I don’t know the answer, but would hazard a guess they mixed it up over the years, sometimes forward and sometimes backwards.....so would guess your machine is Jan 1965
perre64

Post by perre64 »

Or October -65 :D
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

As to stamping the dates, I don't know (but I bet Aristo will), but it is quite easy to get approx dates from the style of label. Tthese started as the Ainsworth Dental equipment co and changed several times. The one you have is obviously a fairly late mechanical slot label, because the label mentions their Nevada Co.

On a slight deviation from the thread, I have a soft spot for "uncle Len" as the general public in Aus calls the man who has encouraged them to give him their money for over 60 years. I like to check up on him every few months to make sure he's still with us. As of last month, he still drives himself to the office (in his Porsche) 3 or 4 days a week and is considering a new venture, self-storage units. He did decide to give up skiing a little over a year ago, but then he was 96 years old at the time. Current wealth according to Forbes $1.6 billion making him the world's oldest billionaire. Not bad when you remember he gave away $4 billion 20 years ago. :o
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Unless the ex production manager posts on this thread, its unlikely we will have a definitive answer to the seemingly multiple variant of options they deployed to mark the date of manufacture on the Aristocrat Line..... The only one in my collection I am reasonably confident in confirming the date of manufacture is this one... but then only maybe!
Attachments
IMG_20210408_154435a.jpg