Exacta lock picking

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
treefrog

Re: Exacta lock picking

Post by treefrog »

badpenny wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:32 pm Your photo of The Exacta is too small for my eyes, ears, nose and throat.
All I can distinguish is it's missing half of the track that runs the coin from the coin entry down to the gate.

If you want to get a lot closer and even take it out of its case we might spot the problem.

BP :cool:
Looks complete to me. It is one of those British replacements made for English penny, much thicker bulky item and stronger, often seen on British conversions like Romas. See below:

878F8565-D2A1-4EFB-86E8-42F9D887FD1C.jpeg

Nosmit, it has polished up really well... I am jealous now. !PUNISH!
tallstory

Post by tallstory »

Don't think it's an anti tampering device - probably the handle mechanism is jammed. It would be best to take it apart and clean and oil it - that should reveal the problem. Hopefully nothing is broken.

The Regina machines I bought, which have the same mechanics, also had this mould inside. A spray with white vinegar sorted it out (with the mechs protected or removed of course).
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

treefrog wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:44 pm
badpenny wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:32 pm Your photo of The Exacta is too small for my eyes, ears, nose and throat.
All I can distinguish is it's missing half of the track that runs the coin from the coin entry down to the gate.

If you want to get a lot closer and even take it out of its case we might spot the problem.

BP :cool:
Looks complete to me. It is one of those British replacements made for English penny, much thicker bulky item and stronger, often seen on British conversions like Romas. See below:

878F8565-D2A1-4EFB-86E8-42F9D887FD1C.jpeg

Nosmit, it has polished up really well... I am jealous now. !PUNISH!
T'was the additional ridge at the bottom that did fool me, I thought it was the coin runner
tallstory

Post by tallstory »

Now you have the back off (well done) you can get at the Zeiss locks. You should see the serial numbers stamped on the side - both lock are usually the same. The upper one is the serial number that identifies how the key is cut and the lower one is the key blank reference number.
Attachments
Zeiss lock.jpg