The Diamond pinball info

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
coppinpr

The Diamond pinball info

Post by coppinpr »

A member on my website has asked if I can find the answers to a couple of questions about these two machines.*Topic merged & post split to: Early machine ID needed please - Site Admin.
Does anyone know anything at all about this machine?
Thanks in advance
Attachments
diamond.jpg
diamond.jpg (28.74 KiB) Viewed 1958 times
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: The Diamond pinball info

Post by pennymachines »

Bigger images would help when trying to identify machines...

My guess is that The Diamond is an unknown British pinball, circa 1930 (standing on its end). A number of small manufacturers turned their hand to making them around that time, in response to the American Depression pinball boom - like the Battery Operated mini pinball posted a couple of days ago. Maybe there's something helpful written on the paper, top right. :!?!:
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I've had a reply from the USA with regard to the pinball. It is so close to being something very very rare, the only difference from the one described is that it has British cities on it and not what would have been the very rare American ones.
This is what I got sent
The Diamond might be very special. It's a baseball theme from '33 made by the United Specialty Co., with reference to the old Negro Leagues. The cities listed on the playfield had Negro League teams. It's on IPDB. I doubt there's any other game with a Negro League theme. And would bet it might be valuable to very, very valuable for that reason. From what I know, anything having to do with the Negro Leagues is very sought after, so it's much wider than a pinball market.
When a ball goes into a hole a flag pops up (rear view photo below of the flags "popped").
Attachments
image-2.jpg
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Interesting... It would be nice to see a full image of the game. Several British 1930s pinballs are straight clones of American models. Mills Advanced Pinball was copied by Ewan, White & Co.; Keeney & Son's Rainbo was copied by Midland Components Ltd. and others, so it's possible this was a UK Anglicised clone of the obscure US pinball, unless it's labelled United Specialty Co. somewhere.