Aristocrat Moneytree

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
coppinpr

Re: Aristocrat Moneytree - reels not spinning

Post by coppinpr »

Could we see the cycle run without the reel bundle in? Does it run correctly without the reels in? If you stop the clock at once, are the reels free to turn? Don't worry, we can fix this.
It sounds a little like the clock is not controlling the cycle. It's running, I can hear that, but sounds like it's not connected to the shifts. STILL sounds like dirty parts so far.
classicgambler

Post by classicgambler »

You can have a look at the cycle run but that is just the same. It is very hard to use a large screwdriver to pull down the handle. I nearly broke my wrist trying. I have also tried to stop the clock with the screwdriver stuck in, but the reels don't move. Plus, I'm using a mobile phone to get the video of it. I will try one more time though. When you say the trip that does the job isn't sitting on top of the vertical lever, could you point out which one I am looking for so I can verify this when looking again on Saturday and I will put a video on of the bundle out of the cabinet. I will do a couple of mini videos for you too.
rod71

Post by rod71 »

Can't help with your issue. But I can tell you your machine isn't a Money Tree. It's another game with a Money Tree belly panel, as I picked this up the other day :)
Attachments
20140304_172622a.jpg
riche100

Post by riche100 »

I spoke to Mark of ex Greaves Amusements of Leicester and he told me they used to make the Moneytree Bally machine amongst others. :)
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

Les,
Are the payout slides moving OK and not jammed up?
I've had this issue a few times where it's really hard to pull because a coin has been jamming the payout slides. They have to move with the cycle as well. I have also known the slide push rod to bend because of this.
Try taking the coin tube off and check the slides.
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Just had a quick look at your pix. My eyesight is getting poorer but I think it shows you have a problem with the push rod at the back of the machine (handle side) next to the bracket that the long slide springs attach to. The plate with two screws should elongate further to the handle side and the push rod should be retained below that plate to keep it horizontal. Your plate looks to be damaged and the push rod looks to be at 45 degrees upwards. So that's one thing that needs attention. It may not fix the problem you have now and that may include another problem, but this one needs fixing.

You will be able to buy a plate off Henry Powell for sure and get it posted back to you or you could fabricate yourself, but for the minimal cost I would just buy one myself.

I cannot seem to open the video. I am out to the hospital so hopefully others with more experience will chip in with maybe other problems they have seen with better eyes than mine. You will get this sorted - just taking a little time that's all. Be nice later to reinstall the missing rotary coin escalator parts I presumed would be missing behind those dummy stuck on coins.

GP
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Here you go. I took a quick pix as I am not likely to be able to respond afterwards. This is a spare mechanism and you can see on this how the bracket has had some tension on this mechanism but it's still in place... just! Yours has, I think, sheared off at the weakest thinnest point under tension. A word of caution though - something has caused the initial significant tension, so that's the root cause that needs to be either attended to or be sure it's not still present. So before sorting the bracket at the rear, I would suggest that the slide stack at least should be removed and checked for any foreign object or bent coin etc. and that the slides are not damaged in any way.

When reassembling the slide-stack, it's better that it's a little loose rather than too tight at first, so you don't do any lasting damage when first attempting to cycle the machine again. You can always re-tighten to normal tension, once you're sure all is clear and there are no other obstructions.

Hope that's of some help anyway.
Attachments
SV101731.JPG
classicgambler

Post by classicgambler »

Thanks for the information guys. I will strip down the slides to see if anything is in there making this happen. I will then report back to let you know what it might be.
Cheers guys.
classicgambler

Post by classicgambler »

reporting back from a full day of trying to figure this one out first of all i checked the payout slides there was no coin jammed up inside there was a lot of grease built up though so i decided to proceed with taking out the payout slides but low and behold there was the front top part of the slides which is made out of plastic it had broken in three, but i did have a spare one thank god. anyway after cleaning all the slides and getting rid of the grease i put them back together looked a bit more into what might be the cause and looking at the previous posts on here i could not find anything so anyway i will put some more photos on including the damaged payslide. but there is one thing that i did see was that the arm that pulls back the payout fingers in picture number 2 and is connected to the clock it do go all the way to the top i will try and get a video of it tomorrow so i can show you what i mean
Attachments
bandit 6.jpg
bandit 5.jpg
bandit 4.jpg
bandit 3.jpg
bandit 2.jpg
bandit 1.jpg
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

Les,
Did you try to cycle the mech when you had the payout slides out?
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I know we like a challenge but putting the photos on upside-down is pushing us a bit !PUNISH!

in the photos have you removed any parts from ther rear of the machine because some are certainly missing from the photos, also the clock dose not look right, dose it run nice and smooth?
classicgambler

Post by classicgambler »

I don't know how the heck that happened - taking photos upside down... I did not remove any parts from the rear of the machine, only the payout slides. What do you reckon is missing???
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Perhaps you've got your jumper on back to front? :o
tommy1

Aristocrat Moneytree One Armed Bandit

Post by tommy1 »

Topic merged- Site Admin.

Hi everyone. I bought a one armed bandit about 20 years ago from a friend who has since passed away. It’s called Moneytree. I would like to restore it to its working order, but when I opened it up and did a little digging I noticed there may be some parts missing??? Specifically gears. I have taken a pic of the two questionable places and post them here hoping someone can enlighten me. Does anyone have a parts manual for this slot machine I can purchase? I would like to use it to see what parts I need to purchase…
Also, anyone have any idea where I can purchase parts for this machine?

I’m a novice, so appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.
Attachments
E6C44070-CD2E-4163-85C9-D4188CE30A8Da.jpg
72B76E0C-E5B9-4601-862A-A9DDAFDE6E17a.jpg
coppinpr

Re: Aristocrat Moneytree

Post by coppinpr »

So what happens when you try to play the machine? You say there might be "gears" missing. Bell-style slot machines don't have gears as such, other than in the clock which controls the timing of the cycle. Is the clock still there?

clock.jpg
clock.jpg (7.96 KiB) Viewed 939 times

The clock will look like this (although this is a Mills not an Aristo).
tommy1

Post by tommy1 »

Hi. When I try to operate the machine the handle simply pulls down and it does not engage anything. It just hits a nylon stop. I can’t see how it should engage other parts to spin the reels.
I cannot see anything that looks like that clock. I have attached some pics of all sides of the machine. Also I have attached a pic which shows a lever which simply hangs freely and doesn’t seem to do anything.
As you can see, I know little about these machines and how they operate. I appreciate any help I can get..
Thank you
Attachments
B6E24FCE-D031-410E-A8EF-0024BCF7FABD.jpeg
8BB3E88C-75EE-444A-B86A-0BEFEC555FFB.jpeg
182A3CB3-A31B-4A77-9696-42D13CFFA38Ca.jpg
F6535DA9-95F8-4E76-A918-59E8D349FC79a.jpg
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

You are missing some parts. The coin tube should have a metal part at the top that catches coins attached to the frame. Also, the overflow tube is missing. See below image. Yours may be different....

830A73D5-EDC1-4857-B482-6B52987FD100a.jpg

Your machine is in a half-cocked position, so has not completed its cycle. It may be something is jamming this to happen, like a coin stuck the wrong way in the coin slides, or somewhere else......

I would release the pressure and try again...

See below. You can operate the mechanism with a long screwdriver shown on left, but while putting pressure down, you need to move the locking ratchet shown with the red screwdriver pushing it down to the right. This will bring the arm back up. Now remove the coin tube and check no coins are wedged anywhere.....

77A162B6-4456-4532-9D5D-871EB4B04CEFa.jpg

Try again, making sure the mechanism is seated properly back in cabinet.
tommy1

Post by tommy1 »

Thanks very much for the valuable info. I have noted the missing items and I will source them.
I have also been able, with your help, to fully cock the arm(I think it’s fully cocked) by pushing down on the small lever as shown in attached then pulling down on the lever. It stays there and doesn’t really do anything….And still does not spin the reels???? Am I not doing something?
I have check thoroughly and there are no coins or anything jamming parts.
Attachments
45B6CADD-0B02-4861-B082-266F1DD3BDBCa.jpg
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Obviously the handle needs to go all the way down past the pinion on the right (called dog and anvil) which releases all the parts that activate the machine, including winding up clock and timing bar, locking slides back and kicking the reels to spin. Either something is interfering/stopping the action complete or maybe the dog and anvil needs adjusting, so the pinion needs to move to the right allowing earlier release. I suspect this is unlikely, unless someone has messed with this.

I would be tempted to remove all slides and try again - it will give a greater view of what’s happening as well. Maybe share a video.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I think somebody has been fiddling around and mended it until it was broken.
Here is your Dog and Anvil which are clearly misaligned.

45B6CADD-0B02-4861-B082-266F1DD3BDBCa.jpg
45B6CADD-0B02-4861-B082-266F1DD3BDBCa.jpg (37.68 KiB) Viewed 938 times

A quick search on here shows 58 posts concerning this issue, see search.php?keywords=Dog+and+Anvil
You do need to understand before leaping in where angels fear to tread, so read carefully and absorb.
viewtopic.php?p=54947#p54947 See this post.

However before you do the above you must untension the mechanism, as you currently have it wound up tightly and it needs releasing. This post covers it and must be done before you adjust the Dog and Anvil themselves. viewtopic.php?p=54947#p54947

So to recap, first take the tension off the mechanism, secondly retract the Anvil until the Dog can clear itself from underneath just before the handle bottoms out.

Good luck

BP