Somebody knows... Maybe you?
wembleylion

Re: Clown Catcher Restored - Almost!

Postby wembleylion » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:39 pm

Wow, brilliant transformation, well done. !THUMBS!
John

jimmycowman

Postby jimmycowman » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:04 pm

that's a first class job !!THUMBSX2!! !!THUMBSX2!!

wembleylion

Postby wembleylion » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:48 pm

Just a thought re the cardboard clown.

It is possible to get (eBay) self adhesive photo paper, gloss, silk or matte, for inkjet and laser printers so it would be possible to print off a clown and stick it to a piece of tin and cut out the shape with a pair of heavy duty scissors.

John

cheeky

Postby cheeky » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:55 pm

I seem to recall that someone has reproduced metal clowns for sale. I just can't remember who was selling them.
!PUZZLED!

gameswat

Postby gameswat » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:11 am

I've seen repro clowns on German eBay a while ago. Probably the closest and easiest way to repro your own is to use the water decal paper to make a transfer. Stuck on a tin copy of the figure nobody will know the difference.

moonriver

Postby moonriver » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:12 pm

Thats a great job, i'm sure your services would be in great demand. Think of all those machines around the country in lofts, spare rooms and sheds bought with the intention of restoration but never started.

clown444

Postby clown444 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:49 am

Thank you all for the very kind comments regarding the restoration....and for the advice on the clown figure.
If anyone knows where I can source a suitable lock for the cabinet , do please let me know
Laurie

gameswat

Postby gameswat » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:16 am

clown444 wrote:If anyone knows where I can source a suitable lock for the cabinet , do please let me know
Would help to see inside the door where the lock fits into, as this will determine the correct syle lock needed. As there are a "lock" of different shapes! :roll:

gameswat

Re: Bajazzo Clown

Postby gameswat » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:05 pm

fredslilja wrote:Thanks gameswat :)

Are you really sure about the number 103B should be a serial number and a unique number for my machine?
Mr Pennymachine had a guess that it would be a model number and in this case a machine that have an improvement compared to the clown 103.

I don´t say that you are wrong but it would be logical to put the letter "B" after the number to prove that the machine has been improved.
Do you know anything about the other numbers and letters on the side of the cabinet L.M.O 103
SAMC660 :?:

fredslilja
Only 8 years to reply... :shock: :burp: Just stumbled over this thread while researching - the PM site has become a real maze of interesting threads with so much information.
Yes, very sure that the number 103B is the machines unique serial number. In fact I think every single number plate I've seen has been suffixed by the "B". Most probably to stand for "Bajazzo" so that J&M didn't end up with ridiculously long serial numbers when you add up the huge production and model lines they had. I have about 50 Clown tokens all uniquely numbered to match those machine numbers, but they didn't bother adding the "B", since they have Bajazzo or Clown embossed on them anyway.

Also found a handful of SAMC tokens the same size as the Clown tokens. I think John Peterson was most probably correct and the stamp on your machine was added by Samson Novelty Co when they operated your machine, plus had their own tokens made with matching serial numbers as shown. Hopefully Fredslilja comes back to read this as has been absent from posting since 2012.
samc tokens.jpg

fredslilja

Re: Bajazzo Clown

Postby fredslilja » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:24 am

Thanks Gameswat :D

Better late than ever. The last couple of years I have laid low on this hobby, but check in once a while to keep up.

Hopefully soon there will be time to start up project. !!CHEERS!!