Rotomole flushing

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
somjitch

Rotomole flushing

Post by somjitch »

What is rotomole flushing? How it performs for pipe line flushing?
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Rotomole flushing

Post by badpenny »

Well now, I don't believe this question is simple (which is often how people describe me) but in my opinion Pipeline flushing is needed to remove any particles that accumulate in microirrigation pipelines before they build-up to sizes and amounts that cause either blockages or damage to valve equipment. Whereas RotoMole® line mole is a more aggressive high velocity water cleaning for larger lines and heavier mill scale deposits. I seem to remember that after using a RotoMole it is recommended that you folllow through with a Pipeline flush anyway.

I hope that helps.
What country are you from?
Don't hesitate to also ask us about anything connected to Vintage amusement machines.

ps thank god for Google .................. next please

Best Regards

Badpenny :D
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Hi, :D . I have seen a :*** ROTOMINT FLASHING :*** but I don't think it's the same!!!!!!!!! :oops:
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

But you are high up in the Dales Stuart where the air is thinner......... and as for your interest in flashing .... remember what your parole office promised the judge that time!!!!!!
coin-op
Forum Moderator

Post by coin-op »

Interesting Badpenny. Oh, by the way, can you tell me how an allwin works.. I'd like to make one ;-)
JC

Post by JC »

Coin-op, try this:

Vertical bar 3 is linked by 10 to the payout handle. However, bar 8 by being against 7 stops the payout handle from moving bar 3.

When a ball enters a winning cup it falls into area 11 and rests upon bar 4. Bar 4 then tilts and the vertical rod connected from 4 to 8, causes 8 to be lifted. When this happens 8 is now clear of 7 . So, by turning the payout handle 9, which is linked by 10 to 3, this causes 3 to move to the right and then back to the left. When this happens, the slide (a flat steel plate under 14), linked by 13 to 3 moves firstly to the right to allow a coin to drop from the coin hopper 14 to sit next to the slide. Then, as the payout handle is turned further around, 3 moves back to the left to cause the slide linked by 13 to push the coin into the payout cup.

:cool:
coin-op
Forum Moderator

Post by coin-op »

Ah, memories :wink: I see it all clearly now; same mechanism upon which banks appear to have operated.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Coin-op wrote:Ah, memories :wink: I see it all clearly now; same mechanism upon which banks appear to have operated.
Same odds as well .......
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Ah yes, all very interesting but let's return to the matter in hand.......

Original question:
What is Rotomole flushing? How it performs for pipe line flushing?
Is this something to do with either the urinary track or prostate !!! :-o or both !!!! :shock:
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Arrgee wrote:Ah yes, all very interesting but let's return to the matter in hand.......

Original question:
What is Rotomole flushing? How it performs for pipe line flushing?
Is this something to do with either the urinary track or prostate !!! :-o or both !!!! :shock:
Arrgee .... your spelling is atrocious. "You're in a track" was a Ruffled and Stalker machine themed on Greyhounds and as for flushing out working girls!!!!....What are you like?
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Ah, glad you spotted that one Badpenny, your non-exudative ag- related macular degeneration is obviously better than I thought.

It could of course be wet AMD which is exudative or disciform degeneration, I expect your ophthalmologist will know, but don't worry because you can get photodynamic therapy for wet AMD now.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

My own personal experiences of bits dropping off due to old age can be read here: -
Clever Clicky Thing

You need to page down to the article titled They Finally Found Me Interesting…….
I was going to apologise for
Image it not being slotty related, but none of this thread has been, so if you need to only read about machines then don't click!
Badpenny:)
rbrewerton

Post by rbrewerton »

I've been following the correspondence re rotomole flushing with interest since I have recently been plagued with a troublesome mole.
I have to tell you that flushing as a means of eradicating the thing is next to useless. I tried it and just got soaking wet. Neither did I have any success with gassing, it made me dizzy and ultrasound made all the dogs in the neighbourhood go mental. The only thing that gave me partial success was digging it out but it was obviously deeper than I expected and I had to go to the doctors who sent me to the hospital to have it frozen. So my advice is don't pick it.
goddardr

Post by goddardr »

What everyone is missing here is that the original question was in fact a reverse reference to the well-known Brenner ELO MOTOR (rotomole backwards) used in so many 60s electro-mechanical slot machines. Luckily spares are still available from ACAL Technology. I quote from:
http://www.acaltechnology.com/index.php ... l&panel=11 (check it out if you don't believe me).

"D341Q-012KK-5
Micronel, Axial Blower, D340 Series, 36mm, Tubular, Elo Motor with tacho signal 3 leads, 12V DC, Ball Bearing/Plastic Housing, Electronic External"

Note the reference to ball-bearings, which obviously also shows a link with allwin variants of the same period.

Just thought I'd clear things up a bit. Now will somebody answer my question about the Tivoli please?

Richard Goddard
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Who is somjitch and why does he ask such questions?

Richard, you could be onto something. Brenner reversed the letters of his name for mystical effect. His fortune tellers produced predictions from the mysterious Professor Rennerb.

Last April, forum member Rotomole (real name, Becky) enquired about the innards of the Rotolite and Rotofruit. Maybe she has some knowledge of this esoteric subject.

In the meantime Professor Elgoog informs me that Caviflow® oil flushing produces high velocity oil flushing of lube, hydraulic, seal and control oil systems that flow into critical equipment. SilentSteam steam blow produces continuous transonic velocity steam blow at less than 85dB for higher temperature critical piping systems while Slug Flush® pipe flushing produces high velocity water slug for less critical piping systems. RotoMole® line mole, on the other hand, is a more aggressive high velocity water cleaning system for larger lines and heavier mill scale deposits. It is not recommended for clearing coin jams.
Attachments
rotomole.gif
rotomole.gif (7.04 KiB) Viewed 2810 times
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

goddardr wrote:What everyone is missing here is that the original question was in fact a reverse reference to the well-known Brenner ELO MOTOR (rotomole backwards) used in so many 60's electro-mechanical slot machines. Luckily spares are still available from ACAL Technology. I quote from:
http://www.acaltechnology.com/index.php ... l&panel=11 (check it out if you don't believe me).

"D341Q-012KK-5
Micronel, Axial Blower, D340 Series, 36mm, Tubular, Elo Motor with tacho signal 3 leads, 12V DC, Ball Bearing/Plastic Housing, Electronic External"

Note the reference to ball-bearings, which obviously also shows a link with allwin variants of the same period.

Just thought I'd clear things up a bit. Now will somebody answer my question about the Tivoli please?

Richard Goddard
Thanks for clearing that up Mr Draddog (following Pennymachines theory) as for your question about your Tivoli ..... get in the queue I'm still looking for a new owner for my free to a good home sweety vendor, for which I have negotiated a final week's reprieve :!: