Mutoscope

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
coin-op
Forum Moderator

Mutoscope

Post by coin-op »

I have an American tin mutoscope which isn't engaging the gear on the crank handle shaft with the reel gear. The gear shaft appears to lift properly when a coin is deposited, but then the shaft just falls back down as the handle is cranked. This seems to be a new fault as the original fault was that it normally engaged (though once in a while didn't), but didn't dis-engage at the end of the reel cycle. Now I haven't started meddling as a suspect it isn't much (famous last words), so I thought I'd ask for advice before I do anything. My guess is that the problem lies at the far end of the shaft away from the crank handle where a bent wire rod and some other bits are fixed. However, not quite sure what's intended to unfold here, so I haven't tried anything. Advice will be rewarded with Lehman brothers, Freddie Mac or Fannie Mae shares :shock: ...your choice ;) !
grabber

Re: Mutoscope

Post by grabber »

Do you get Jerry's magazine? If so you will see John Hayward's advert, the Mutoscope Man of Brighton - if you give him a ring I think he will sort you out.