Search feature

Comment on this site; suggest improvements; be firm but polite.
treefrog

Search feature

Post by treefrog »

Not sure if it is just me, but recently I am finding the search results may not be returning results for all content available on the site, eg there are only about 5 hits for the word wonders and jennings only 16...is it just me or my machine or maybe the content is right !PUZZLED!
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Search feature

Post by pennymachines »

Are you using the search box at the top of the Forum page? This returns content indexed by Google and therefore tends to be incomplete - as you say, at present just a few pages referencing "Wonders" and much else just isn't listed.

For a thorough search you should click the Search link (next to FAQ or via Search Forum in the pop-up search box). This runs directly from the Forum database and should therefore find everything. "Wonders" currently produces 9 pages containing 87 matches; "Jennings" produces 214 (including this post!) You also get advanced options, such as restricting your search to particular forum categories.
treefrog

Re: Search feature

Post by treefrog »

Thanks PM...
I had never used the other search functions as the indexed data in Google had largely previously returned good results... I am guessing this has not been working as effectively lately.