Are you being redirected?

Comment on this site; suggest improvements; be firm but polite.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Are you being redirected?

Post by badpenny »

Even when logging on different machines I often get redirected to
http://www.webring.org/hub/natfaker

Sometimes it happens at clicking onto www.Pennymachines.co.uk and at others I'm in and have clicked on Forum.
Is it just me?
What is a natfaker?
Would I enjoy one?
SkEpTiCaL
JC

Re: Are you being redirected?

Post by JC »

Yes, I get it too - glad it's not just me, but why/how does it happen? !PUZZLED!
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Me too, but if you are quick to click on the Forum page it does not happen.....also tonight had some weird errors show "Server error" and sarcastic comments on how to deal with the error appeared, not sure if I have been hacked or the site !PUZZLED!
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

OK - I saw it too. Not sure what's up there but I've removed the offending code so it can't happen again. Besides, PennyMachines.co.uk no longer appears to be listed on that webring.
tree-frog wrote:also tonight had some weird errors show "Server error" and sarcastic comments on how to deal with the error appeared, not sure if I have been hacked or the site !PUZZLED!
I'm guessing you saw my jokey HTTP Response Error Status Code 500: Infernal Server Error! Technically speaking there's been a "cock-up" Sorry. Although we've logged this error, we would be most grateful if you would email the Webmaster and tell us when it occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused it. And if you can tell us how to fix it, we'll buy you a drink.
Pages were loading very slowly yesterday suggesting another website on the server was causing problems.