forum speed problems

Comment on this site; suggest improvements; be firm but polite.
coppinpr

forum speed problems

Post by coppinpr »

Is it just me or is everyone having trouble using the forum. Both my work pc's and both my home computers are the same, I can get to one or two pages then it just says 'waiting for web site' Is this part of the ongoing web host problems?
I'll never leave this site,its the best in the world on this subject but I do wonder if new visitors just walk away if they are left waiting, I know business web site research shows this is the biggest cause of customers going moving to another site during a search.
With all the hard work and time put into running this site I must agree with your post on' anouncments' that it might be a good idea to move to another host, this one seems like nothing but trouble and is wasting a lot of your time re-setting the forum. No problems with the site at all just the hosting
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: forum speed problems

Post by pennymachines »

Hi coppinpr,
Yes, I believe the problems you describe are host-related. The server seems to crash most days at the moment and yesterday, as a final insult they closed the account - until I reminded them I was owed three months compensatory hosting. So we're back online for the moment but I won't be able to tend to the site for a week. After that, we shall be moving to a better place...