The Market

Comment on this site; suggest improvements; be firm but polite.
monk

Re: The Market

Post by monk »

is there an annual whip-round to cover running costs? seems to work quite well elsewhere, with for-sale/wanted ads then being free (although there is always the temptation for non-members to join up simply to flog/beg stuff)
13rebel

Post by 13rebel »

I would be happy to subscribe to help towards running costs, perhaps there could be a ceiling on the price of the items wanted and for sale (say, £10 or £20) so as not to turn it into anything too serious - rather more a place to help fellow collectors with odd bits and bobs.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Yes there is a way everyone can help out for only £2.00 (At this point I was going to be all righteous and ask how many of us cough up two quid annually to access the Arena ... then I decided to check my own subscription .... and .... errrr cough cough !!UHOH!! )

Two minutes later, as that is all it takes, I can now return to pomposity. The Arena is where all of the really interesting stuff is archived, and if we all contributed to it, financially as well as materialistically then it would really assist.

For the sake of two quid please just click on the button marked Arena on the left, if you then click on the title of an article you will be invited to subscribe or renew. It can be done by Paypal and takes only a moment.

As for Jerry and the magazine!!!! ? He'll probably not tell you this himself, so I will. It's astonishing that subscribers who either live abroad or are the most prolific editorial contributors, and therefore wrote most of what they are going to read when it comes out, are the regular subscribers. Whereas old friends from donkey's years back are the ones that wait until they've had a couple of freebie copies with reminders before getting around to it. :!?!:
Both Dave & Jerry are the backbone of our hobby. They won't grow wealthy from their input. They've never ripped anyone off, and have constantly continued to dig deep into their pockets when others in the past have not only given up but have also taken the subs and then folded. Memories aren't that short, but newcomers may not be fully aware.

Support this site and the mag or lose them..... the alternative might not only disappoint you, it may be pricey, if history repeats itself.
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

OK, Sales & Wanted aside, it was only an idea. !PUZZLED!
I quite agree about supporting the forum and the magazine, I have been known to put the odd article in the magazine from time to time !READ! , I also offered to send Dave a few quid towards the cost when he upgraded the forum about 2 years ago, my offer of a few quid was gratefully acknowledged, but never accepted , which shows me that Dave is doing it for the good of the vintage slot community, and not for personal gain. Jerry also put a lot of time into publishing the magazine each month, and I doubt that he has made a fortune from it over the years.
So as Badpenny says, one way of supporting this forum & all the “FREE” information on here, is to subscribe to the forum’s Arena, you can do it at the click of a button.
https://pennymachines.co.uk/Members/signup.php
And you can also subscribe to the Magazine, also at the click of a button.
https://pennymachines.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=467
Go on give yourself, or a friend a Christmas present. Go on click on the link now, Or one day you might try to log on, and all you will get is a blank screen !!JUNK!! , and that’s not even worth contemplating!!!!
13rebel

Post by 13rebel »

Without trying to be righteous, I subscribe to the Arena and to Jerry's mag but reckon the site has got to be worth a couple of quid a year to anybody interested in slots.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

That's not righteous ........ that's showing the way !THUMBS!
monk

Post by monk »

Bribed my way into the Arena area when I joined (righteous or no :tarah: ) - when I need to up the dose, I dare-say a mag sub will be the way to go (still getting the required fix from these pages at the mo).
operator bell

Post by operator bell »

badpenny wrote:But ........ I still ain't got anywhere to sell my burning bush.
Ouch! I recommend carbolic soap. If that doesn't do the trick you could try a "Brazillian Wax" and start over. :shock:
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Operator Bell wrote:
badpenny wrote:But ........ I still ain't got anywhere to sell my burning bush.
Ouch! I recommend carbolic soap. If that doesn't do the trick you could try a "Brazillian Wax" and start over. :shock:
How nice of you to share your Advent Calendar with us .......... why do you include blokes?
operator bell

Post by operator bell »

badpenny wrote:
Operator Bell wrote:How nice of you to share your advent calender with us .......... why do you include blokes?
I'm not sure they are actually blokes - that place is in New York, you know. Strange place.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

that place is in New York, you know. Strange place.
and you in Vegas :lol: