Posting Adverts

Comment on this site; suggest improvements; be firm but polite.
markymark

Posting Adverts

Post by markymark »

I'm confused... why can't I post an advert using my own login!!! It seems odd that I have to join separately just to use another feature of this website... Or am I not understanding how it works correctly????
Any advice on how to post.. Do I need a separate account!!!
thanks
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Posting Adverts

Post by badpenny »

Hi markymark

You need to register to use the Market/Auction as it asks for further personal information.

Registration is free and is purely to protect these activities from misuse. Please view our Privacy Policy.

The Auction and Market registration is separate to that of the Forum, and for security also requires that you submit your address and telephone number.

Tip: Once you have registered in the Auction/Market, click on Change your password and you can change the auto-allocated Password to match the one you use for the Forum.

Click here to register

Badpenny
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Thanks BP.
I'm afraid it is confusing as it stands Mark, but I'm making efforts to simplify things.

When I created the site, the Forum, Arena and Auction/Market had to be three separate membership areas, because, as BP states, they require different levels of personal information to register and also because they run on quite different software. The Forum and Arena are now handled together. You get an option for Full Membership, giving limitless access to the Forum and a year's access to the Arena for a fee (currently £2.00) or Free Membership, giving limitless access to the Forum. In theory, limitless membership to the Auction/Market is included as an option and, ideally, I would like to integrate this into the process, but it won't be easy.

At present, this is how it works:
When you register with the site, you have the option to fill in your real name, full address and telephone number. If you do so, I can then manually create a matching account with the Auction/Market.
If you are already a member, you can click on the Update your membership link, top of page and, via the Edit Your PennyMachines Membership Profile tab, add your real name, address, postcode and telephone number.

Obviously the weak link in this system is me, so please either PM or email me (buttons below this message) so I know your account is awaiting my attention.

I have already matched up many of the accounts, so if you provided your address, try logging onto the Auction/Market using your Forum details.
If it doesn't work, please contact me.

If you don't wish to wait for me, you can still go to the Auction/Market to create an account directly and, when I find it, I'll make it match your other account.
urbanbody

Post by urbanbody »

!PUZZLED! impossible to post an advert with an internet link for the image, even images hosted in pennymachines.co.uk...
i have to upload from computer :!?!:
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

You should be able to post an image hosted on the internet by clicking the button beneath the second option:
Post images hosted on the internet (by entering the URL)
urbanbody

Post by urbanbody »

I've tried four times.... I'm gonna retry now.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Some websites will not allow images to be hotlinked, in which case you'll have to save the image to your computer and use the first option.
urbanbody

Post by urbanbody »

I've also tried with an image uploaded here on the pennymachines Forum...... download/file.php?id=8003&t=1

It shows the broken link icon.... :o
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Hi
Sorry about the problems you're having with this.
I just tested it and notice the image is broken on the preview page. I will try to resolve this.
However, when I submitted the advert, the image was correctly displayed. See if it works for you.

I tested using this image URL: http://www.purcellvillepinball.com/imag ... /mcb04.jpg

urbanbody

Post by urbanbody »

OK, so I don't have to care with the preview, that's right?
I'll try later, I'm at work... :cool:

Thank you for your help!!
urbanbody

Post by urbanbody »

!!YIPPEE!! it works, never mind the preview.....
markymark

Post by markymark »

Tried posting advert, won't let me log in with Market one or using the forum one?????? any help?

thanks
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Hey PM, thanks for the endless trouble and sleepness nights you spend keeping this leaky ship afloat! The site has improved countless restorations for me with unknown info I've found. And a thank you for the wanted ad I posted on a friends behalf a few weeks ago. Only took a matter of days for a user to respond with said vending machine my buddy wants. Hopefully they get the deal done and everyone's happy! cheers !!CHEERS!!
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Thanks Gameswat for those very kind words. I rarely suffer sleepless nights, but "leaky ship" is accurate I guess. This winter I plan to batten down the hatches, man the bowsprit, stow the mizzenmast, jibe the jib boom, hoist the mainsail, lower the cattersholl, pipe the starboard hatch to the leeward, and thwart and trim the scuppers of the port poopdeck. Then I might have a look at the website.
Gameswat wrote:The site has improved countless restorations for me with unknown info I've found.
That's very gratifying to know as that was always the intention.